Davina's (second) last stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't understand any dislike of Nicola. She's nice enough, fit and thick, so what? Alex is exactly the same and doesn't get slagged off.

Comment

I suppose evictions at this stage aren't about anyone necessarily having the hump with housemates but their inability to raise a public army of enthusiasts. Certainly can't understand anyone booing either Ivana or Nicola, both of whom I think quelled any prejudice one might feel towards them on account of who and what they are.

Still, I'd have preferred at least one of them, certainly Nicola, to have stayed in, rather than Jonas who I think has delighted us for long enough. But then, would a Jonas eviction have jeopardised Davina's pitiful chicken stunt?

Comment

No, she'd have had to enter wearing a pig suit instead. And hoped the housemates hadn't noticed that Jonas was a foot shorter.

Having watched Big Mouth last night (always worth watching when McCrirrick is a guest, because he completely plays up to the panto element of it all) because Davina wasn't presenting it, and they kept up the pretence until one of them guessed it was actually Davina (which would have been until the end of eternity had Sisqo and Ivana lasted the distance instead of the last two UK residents Alex and Dane). At which case they did the reveal and she left. But it appears to have been her "reward" for 10 years of presenting. Russell T Davies has a lot to answer for.

Comment

OK, in case you missed it yesterday, EVERYONE needs to listen to Richard Bacon interviewing Stephen Baldwin. It's off the fucking scale. When Bacon attempts to explain evolutionary theory (and the whole principle of evidence-based reasoning), Baldwin accuses him of "Jedi mind-tricks" and calls it "a buncha horse-hockey, son". Replay or download it here http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/baconbits

Comment

Bored of Education wrote:
            I can't understand any dislike of Nicola. She's nice enough, fit and thick, so what? Alex is exactly the same and doesn't get slagged off.
            Big Brother reflects the inherent sexism in society. Thick blokes are seen as alright geezers; thick birds are seen as bimbos.

The voting off in Big brother over the years follows a strict pattern:

1. Weirdos
            2. Mouthy women
            3. Bitches
            4. Boring men
            5. Male gits
            6. Girl-next-doors
            7. Won by decent bloke

Comment

What I thought about last night’s double CBB, in 15 parts

1 of 15: “Awry? Array? Array? Awry?” gurns Davina. How the hell this dreadful woman still has a successful TV career is a total mystery.

2 of 15: “I was brainy at school,” says Nicola. “I was in the top sets.” God help the bottom sets.

3 of 15: “Hello” clay-modelling task is judged not by Lionel Richie but Edward, a lookalike from Essex. Vinnie's correct about cheapo slebs.

4 of 15: “It’s very, very stiff” says Nicola T, who clearly grew up on Carry On films.

5 of 15: Most housemates have sculpted a Silurian or a sheela-na-gig. Alex Reid has made a microcephalic pinhead. Draw your own conclusions.

6 of 15: Jonas’ cock is talked-up, Dane’s career is talked-down. Where’s the justice?

7 of 15: Alex gamely attempts the words ‘hierarchy’, ‘authority’ and ‘scenario’ in the Diary Room. Takes him two stabs each.

8 of 15: Nicola’s description of her pus-bag sexploits with Crewe Alexandra’s Simon Walton will live in the imagination longer than I’d like

9 of 15: Jonas movingly recounts his teenage struggles with Tourette’s. Vinnie listens behind shades, impassive and emotionless as a lizard.

10 of 15: “Fucking bastard TITWANK!” Alex is clearly missing the missus…

11 of 15: Another great edit, juxtaposing Diary Room talk of Vinnie’s 'maturity' with Jones crawling in the dark to grab someone’s foot.

12 of 15: So, it’s last-in, first-out. The switch to positive voting kills Ivana. No-one hates her, but she has no fanbase.

13 of 15: Davina entering the house in Nicola’s chicken suit = worst BB prank EVER. This is just pathetic now.

14 of 15: Her broad shoulders and ungainly running gait bears no resemblance to Nic’s coltish skip, and she’s sussed within 5 seconds. FFS.

15 of 15: A horse, a sheep, a pig and a cow menacingly encircle a chicken. It’s a Trigger Happy TV remake of Straw Dogs.

Comment

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
                OK, in case you missed it yesterday, EVERYONE needs to listen to Richard Bacon interviewing Stephen Baldwin. It's off the fucking scale. When Bacon attempts to explain evolutionary theory (and the whole principle of evidence-based reasoning), Baldwin accuses him of "Jedi mind-tricks" and calls it "a buncha horse-hockey, son". Replay or download it here http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/baconbits
                I've just listened to that bit of the interview. Richard Bacon has got a properly good grasp of evolutionary theory, hasn't he?

Comment

I like the way he gently but firmly persisted with it, and said he hoped Stephen would at least take that one fact (about the tree-like structure and the common ancestor) with him. I fear his hopes were in vain, though.

Comment

Enough of this trivial Iraq inquiry. Time for the more weighty matters of last night’s Celebrity Big Brother (in eight parts)…

1 of 8: “If I’m guilty of wearing women’s clothes… does that make me a cross-dresser?” Well, Alex, technically it does, yes.

2 of 8: Not a bad acting performance from Vinnie Jones as an over-emotional closet tranny, I must admit.

3 of 8: What “health reasons” prevent Stephanie and Ivana from wearing animal suits? Allergy to any fur that isn’t real and factory-farmed?

4 of 8: Now for a re-run of The Rubbishest Prank In Big Brother History (that dreadful McCall woman going runaround in a chicken costume).

5 of 8: “COCK-A-DOODLE DOO HER!” Dane shouts to Reid the rapey cockerel. Good work, Bowers.

6 of 8: Chicken-Davina has “very squared-off masculine hands” (Stephanie) and “looks like Quasimodo a little” (Basshunter). Wonderful!

7 of 8: Jonas is wearing his piggy-tail at the front. Make of that what you willy.

8 of 8: Now she's unmasked and evicted, talk of Davina’s butchness continues. “She walks like a boy” (Vinnie), “She IS a bit heavy…” (Alex)

Comment

Belated thoughts on the CBB finale, in just ONE pithy post... Basshunter = heroic for publicly rubbing Katia's face in it. I was punching the air. Vinnie seething at coming third = delicious

Comment

Working...
                      X