No announcement yet.

I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really traumatic (irritating, mind), but I've just watched an Audi advert where the car is shown sedately cruising down a couple of streets while the small print informs me that it's being driven by a professional driver on a closed circuit. Why do I need to be told this? Is it to try and quell the urge to smoothly drive down the road at a moderate speed as to do that kind of thing I would need professional training?

Comment

Didn't know where else to put this - C4 knock it out of the park again for the Paralympics

Comment

Why do PlusNet think it's only in Yorkshire that people use the phrase "That'll do" in a deliberately understated way?

Comment

Because they have no clue that Dick King-Smith spent almost his entire life in the West Country?

Comment

A reluctance to acknowledge that other places are available seems consistent enough with PlusNet's Yorkshire-centric pitch, off-putting as it is.

Comment

There's a new Johnny Depp advert for Dior Sauvage Elixir that is jaw dropping in its naffness (not wanting to see him for other reasons aside). Playing an electric guitar in the desert? Why, Johnny, you are sooo cool.

Also the "elixir" creates an unwelcome image of him drinking the stuff, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Comment

Comment

Catch him! Bite him!

He isn't even running, for goodness' sake.

Comment

He's almost 60

They aren't paying him enough to run

Comment

Presumably Dior believe there are still people around who regard him as "cool", rather than ridiculous and moronic. And that those people use expensive cologne.

Also surprising that they are cool with his legally confirmed status as a beater of women.

Comment

The saddest bit is that you are right

Comment

An advert for a dating app says someone on it finds love every 14 minutes. Is this one couple every 28 minutes or one person getting more excited about a match than the other every 14?

Comment

The budget for the latest Captain Birdseye commercial clearly doesn’t extend to the guy actually ‘saying’ anything. While his young pals tuck into some aesthetically-enhanced cod steaks, the main man simply sits there, smugger- and wiser-than-you behind his aesthetically-enhanced smile and aesthetically-enhanced cap’n’s beard.

Still, it’s nonetheless an improvement on those bizarre previous attempts to transform the character into some kind of maritime pin-up material.

Comment

These Pedro Pascal ads for plonk are like something out of the 80s. Specifically Ferror Rocher ads mixed with Milk Tray.

Comment

LG and Bosch. LG shading it

Comment

John Lewis have put Together In Electric Dreams through the whimsifier for this year's effort, in which a boy and alien visitor bond over Christmas tat. What has Phil Oakey ever done to them?

Comment

I think the only thing I hate more than John Lewis Christmas adverts is the media hype and people clogging up my Facebook feed with their profound thoughts about how much they love the John Lewis Christmas adverts.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                      I think the only thing I hate more than John Lewis Christmas adverts is the media hype and people clogging up my Facebook feed with their profound thoughts about how much they love the John Lewis Christmas adverts.
                                      This is where the muted words feature on Twitter really comes into its own.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                        What has Phil Oakey ever done to them?
                                        Or indeed Giorgio Moroder?

Comment

I saw an advert yesterday for something called Pure Cremation. I think it's the cheap, trouble-free way to deal with an awkward dead relative.

A cheerful looking women at a kitchen buffet says that they just pick up the corpse and then drop off a pot of ashes at your house shortly afterwards. No need to try to come up with a crematorium playlist. Wahay!

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                            I saw an advert yesterday for something called Pure Cremation. I think it's the cheap, trouble-free way to deal with an awkward dead relative.

A cheerful looking women at a kitchen buffet says that they just pick up the corpse and then drop off a pot of ashes at your house shortly afterwards. No need to try to come up with a crematorium playlist. Wahay!
                                            To be fair the service is efficient and well priced. My Dad used them

Comment

Originally posted by colchestersid View Post

To be fair the service is efficient and well priced. My Dad used them

Yes, I've got absolutely no problem with the concept, it's just the way it was presented in the advert, like a quick and cheap way to dispose of an unwanted piece of furniture, with no sense that the person speaking had just lost their mum and might be a little bit sad when discussing the funeral arrangements.

Comment

Meanwhile, John Lewis take action to protect child actors who appeared in their Christmas ad due to fears of intimidation

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1456206850471378945

Comment

McDonald's have rolled out a Christmas advert that makes the John Lewis look like Bad Lieutenant.

Comment

What in the actual fuck is happening with Facebook and how does this sell it?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X