No announcement yet.

I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would Harry Redknapp think Michael Owen would be a good tipster? Why does Owen call Redknapp gaffer? Why would you contradict the guy you just said knows what's what?

Comment

Gah, marketing people. Aperol has, through the vagaries of fashion and taste, become the popular drink. So of course their marketing department decides to spend money on a TV and campaign.

Why? Is it just so they can say they've done something.

Comment

The group's CEO is now an Istanbul-born Austrian who was trained in the US and UK and used to be at Proctor and Gamble.

It is what they do

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
          Vinny Jones (how's the Hollywood career going Vinny?) interrupts filming of an aftershave advert where they seem to be shooting close up footage (and a later shot involving a horse) at the same time as the woman is doing the voiceover. Because that's how adverts are made, isn't it?
          Suspension of disbelief.

The main 'disbelief' being that anyone, let alone Vinnie Jones, still uses Brut.

Comment

Adverts that pretend to be cutting through all that pretentious advertising nonsense are always grating, even before adding Vinnie to the mix.

I don't wear fragrances but the idea of anyone buying and using Brut in this day and age does seem implausible. The cheap smells in my local pharmacy mostly seem to be David Beckham, Beyonce and other celeb lines.

Comment

The San Miguel advert saying "Find your rich" is just crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                Adverts that pretend to be cutting through all that pretentious advertising nonsense are always grating...
                ...with the possible exception of this from over fifty years ago - which is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQhwNtY3N2k

Comment

There is currently a Subway ad running all over the chuffing place, here. It features Megan Rapinoe (famed US soccer player) kicking a ball and knocking out burgers and things from people's hands, and saying "Why not have a freshly-made, Subway foot-long instead?"

It's fucking annoying, because she is being really fucking smug. "Yeah, Megan, the reason I'm eating this burger, is "fuck off you nosey git", that's why."

Comment

Judging by what I recall of our local Subway's hygiene standards, it's somewhat debatable how much better that'd be for anyone regardless.

Comment

This slightly diminishes my regard for Megan Rapinoe rather than making me more likely to hold my nose and go into a Subway. I mean hold my nose literally; their shops smell like vomit.

Comment

They absolutely stink.

Comment

All these places carry with them that weird, artificial-bread smell.

From recollection, Wimpy's in Canterbury always used to smell of cigarettes, canned chicken soup and damp overcoats.

Comment

That's one for Reddit r/OddlySpecific.

Comment

I struggle to see Proust being a Redditor

Must be a failure of imagination

Comment

Who, when deciding which celebrity to use to flog their TVs, thinks "Jimmy Bullard is your only man "

Comment

Lenor - "Where's The Sun?"

Right up where it don't shine if you don't shut the fuck up with your caterwauling.

Comment

I swear to dog, the next time I hear the phrase "let it rain", and it involves money, I am going to go postal.

FUCK YOU fradt nkigs (Proud of dyslexia.com)

Comment

OK. So, ex-Blossom, and "whatever the fck the comedy with science" was, she's gone full-on vitamins endorsing.

She can now, officially, go fuck herself. Probably.

Comment

Whoever created that Domino’s yodelling ad campaign may have to be shot dead.

Comment

Also, doesn't it involve a little bit more than surface knowledge about yodelling?

Comment

I had glimpsed the Cantona ad on FFWD but finally saw it last night, little did I know it was for Cashley and Sports Direct

Comment

That new SumUp advert raised quite a smile here. Fair play to them.

Comment

"FC Barcelona players eat them" says a mother to her carrot-resistant daughter in an ad for an exorbitantly priced fridge.

FC Barcelona, as we all call them in conversation.
                                                I wonder if they'll get the better of Real Madrid CF this year, or will Club Atlético de Madrid S.A.D. manage a repeat?

Comment

Keep a weather eye on Real Betis Balompié to potentially put the domesticated feline among the feral stock doves.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                                    Whoever created that Domino’s yodelling ad campaign may have to be shot dead.
                                                    Agreed, however the small lesson in manners at the end is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X