Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/ChannelArchive/status/1133117058256900102

Comment

The Channel Archive has an advert that isn't for Benest's of Millbrook and Fineprice?

Comment

Erm...

I am by no means a prude but I was surprised to see that aired at four in the afternoon.

Comment

They stop short of ‘c*ck’, however.

Comment

Can someone prise the pearls from Toby Gymshorts clenched fist and help him up from the floor?

Comment

Gave me quite the attack of the vapours, I can tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                That boiler is the avatar I use on my work computer.
                It’s the boiler I’ve just had fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                  Erm...
                  I swear they've made half of those up.

Comment

I'm conflicted by the latest Barclays ads - they've given Prodigy's Out of Space the standard modern advert treatment (BOO!), but top and tail the ad with the guy listening to the original Chase the Devil (YAY!)

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

Similarly I know Wayne's World is a decade younger than An Officer and a Gentlemen but people are still doing the "not" thing, nearly 30 years on. The same people who say "ping" for email, I find.

I think it was discussed at the time but one of the tabloids (probably that one) last year had a front page referencing Dick Emery's catchphrase "Ooh You Are Awful", which seemed archaic but they obviously thought enough people would get it.
                      Every April people still make "London Snickers" jokes despite it being 30 years now since Marathon bars were renamed.

Comment

Does anyone have a clue what that Lynx 25 years ad is about.

Comment

It's celebrating 25 years since Lynx Africa (the staple Lynx fragrance) was first released.

Comment

That means it's a decade older than about 90% of its users.

Comment

I'm not starting a 'I've Just Seen A Traumatic Promoted Tweet' so it can go here instead.

https://twitter.com/weetabix/status/1359074254789165059

Comment

I see that cunt Farage is clogging up my YouTube feed doing something in the ads. I don't know what because I mash that "Skip Ad" button harder than the Hulk delivering the smack down to Loki as soon as possible.

Quite why my viewing algorithm has decided I want to see his vile features, I cannot fathom.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                  It's celebrating 25 years since Lynx Africa (the staple Lynx fragrance) was first released.
                                  Don't know about anywhere else, but there's been dancing on the streets around these parts...

Comment

Gala, Betfred, Sun: "bingo" is not a sodding verb.

Comment

I've just seen an advertisement on telly for Kentucky Fried Chicken that appears to be based on a racist joke that I first heard about 35 years ago. Que?

Comment

KFC's entire marketing department has been on some pretty strong shit for years now.

https://www.distractify.com/p/kfc-dating-sim

https://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciak...arketing-ride/

https://www.kuration.com/article/kfc...chicken-stuff/

Comment

While watching Afghanistan v Zimbabwe in the cricket, towards the end of play one advert between overs kept cropping up with distressingly increasing frequency, for Mini Cheddars.

It shows a cartoon small town, evidently some kind of dystopia, in which a human-sized anthropomorphic wheel of cheese is seen snacking on Mini Cheddars but then has to flee for its life since, as the diabolical soundtrack song inexplicably in the style of early-'90s-rap tells us, there's some kind of dire cheese shortage and so the townsfolk are chasing our protagonist with nets and stuff. He/she/it will then presumably be caught, torn to pieces and processed into more Mini Cheddars. And all of which surreal terror doesn't even touch on the horrifying implications of the cannibalism going on at the start, since presumably its own cheesy brethren went into making the Cheddars it's eating. Ye gods.

Comment

Jesus. (Or ‘Cheesus’.) Fairly glad I haven’t seen that.

I’m growing a trifle weary of hearing about that new mom’s sore nipples, however.

Comment

There's an advert running on daytime TV for Parsleybox , a ready to eat meal delivery company. In it an elderly lady is preparing her Parsleybox meals for a date. Thing is, her prospective partner looks like old Biff Tannen from Back to the Future 2. I'm surprised he isn't hitting her on the head with his cane, and calling her Butthead!

Comment

Did I just see a Walkers' advert without Gary Lineker in it?

Comment

Vinny Jones (how's the Hollywood career going Vinny?) interrupts filming of an aftershave advert where they seem to be shooting close up footage (and a later shot involving a horse) at the same time as the woman is doing the voiceover. Because that's how adverts are made, isn't it?

Comment

We had two Philip Schofield pitches in one break on London Live just now, the car selling website and something I hadn't seen before for a gin subscription service. Both make big assumptions about how engaged viewers are with his onscreen persona.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X