I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
    Made worse by using that horribly overexposed Rusted Root Send Me On My Way song which is used for anything involving hiking, camping or granola.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
      This is the other one. Annoying for other reasons. (Mainly for it being on ALL THE FUCKING TIME.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fZ2sS-IqXo
      Nope. Love the Mayhem guy (actor Dean Winters). He's the right mix of fun guy/jerk for the role.

Comment

And welcome back, gero. Was far too straight around here without you. /winky

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

Nope. Love the Mayhem guy (actor Dean Winters). He's the right mix of fun guy/jerk for the role.
          Isn't he the guy who plays the Vulture in Brooklyn 99 - I was trying to place him whilst watching the ad. He's fantastic in the episodes he's in on that.

Comment

That's him. We knew him from Oz and L&O/SVU.

Comment

See? That's fucking typical of you (insert inverted commas. types) Canadians (close inverted commas, types) assholes who work on ... Young Street. You'll say anything for a dollar!!!

He wasn't bad in 'Oz'. He did "taking it up the arse, with or without consent" very well.

Comment

Oh right. What was the white guys's name?

Comment

Watchfinder! On Sky One for the cricket.

All the watches are worn on the right wrist. I guess so that they can show the watch and a right hand doing computer stuff but it looks so weird

Comment

Maybe every model they hired for the advert just happened to be southpaws.

Comment

Watchfinder's TV presence always surprises me. I hadn't realised that preloved signature timepieces were a big enough business to warrant it. Do they still sponsor the Tour de France coverage on ITV?

Comment

So, who from the Red Dwarf people is in desperate need of a paycheck?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                          Do [Watchfinder] still sponsor the Tour de France coverage on ITV?
                          It seems not.

Comment

Has this latest monstrosity from Di Niro not been flagged up yet:

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                              So, who from the Red Dwarf people is in desperate need of a paycheck?
                              Probably none of them, but they aren't going to turn down some handy cash when it lands in their lap. Shit ad alright.

Comment

Robert Llewellyn is taking delivery of a new Tesla Model 3 so he will be happy to readjust his back balance if it's the top spec model.

Comment

So,, um, Harry Redknapp is the face of some gambling app. Seems a bit on the nose.

Comment

This is shooting fish in a barrel, but I caught an advert for a new Olive Garden product last night and was pretty horrified. They claim that it's "create your own lasagne", except that it bears almost no relation to lasagne. It's a weird rollup of pasta and cheese, which you then pour some terrible Olive Garden sauce over, and top off with a "topping" like shrimp or beef or meatballs. Or, astonishingly, "ziti fritta" which turn out to be pasta stuffed with cheese. You can have cheese stuffed pasta as the topping to your cheesy pasta...

Comment

Are Alexandr and Sergei a couple now? Seems to be the way the meerkat adverts are going. They've even moved to San Francisco.

Comment

There’s a revolting Coke ad on infernal repeat at C4’s streaming service, featuring a young woman doing various activities being chased by a giant tongue. Wtf?

Comment

NFU Mutual currently have an advert in which they say that the talk with their customers, and that is how they know their customers want insurance that they can rely on. Obviously before they talked to the customers, they assumed that they couldn't care less how reliable their insurance was.

Comment

As a previous employee of NFU Mutual I'd be surprised if there was something not covered.

We used to even pay claims that weren't.

NOTE: That's not to say they're perfect of course.

Comment

"Bahlsen. They're a little bit fancy."

Well, I used to think so...

Comment

https://twitter.com/EvilRichard/status/1168085126791749632

Comment

Can someone explain just what it is about the retail insurance market in the UK that creates demand for sites like Confused, Compare the Market and Go Compare and why they have chosen such an absurdist marketing strategy?

I'm not aware of a similar phenomenon in any other developed country?

Comment

Dunno about the market, but their absurdist advertising is all about trying to cement name recognition and nothing else. Confused are onto their umpteenth completely unconnected ad campaign; compare the market have stuck with their meerkats which are apparently a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X