No announcement yet.

I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Jet petrol advert with the screaming/crying woman dressed in pink is so fucking pitiful and annoying. Whoever thought that would be a good idea to advertise the product needs firing.

Comment

Is Omega-3 pronounced ohmeega in British English? I'd always thought it was ohm'ga or a short e.

An advert of omega 3 pills has just done my head in.

Comment

I'd pronounce it with a short e

Comment

Me too, the a as a schwa.

Comment

Santander / Ant and Dec / "scammer pants".

Jesus H Christ on a unicycle.

Comment

BMW's "How do you create an iconic movement..." ad is an absolute crock of shit, even by the low standard of car things.

Comment

For some reason Eric Cantona has chosen to be Mike Ashley's puppet and advertise Sports Direct.

Comment

Forced by C4's VOD service to watch ads, so I was subjected to an unbelievably obnoxious Fitbit ad with a supposedly professional skiprope-bro.

Comment

Flicking through some hotel TV channels before going for dinner I saw one for the Highland Saga live album. The ad wasn't terribly put together, but Highland Saga looks awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                      Forced by C4's VOD service to watch ads, so I was subjected to an unbelievably obnoxious Fitbit ad with a supposedly professional skiprope-bro.
                      aaaargh. I want to murder him with chainsaws like it was Doom.

Comment

Jesus fucking Christ.

Comment

Not traumatic, just confusing.

Why are piper heidsieck advertising their B Corp status on the escalators on the tube? Who is going to know what B Corp means? I don't.

Comment

B Corps are certified for social and environmental performance. It's a movement of companies who want to be seen to be doing business ethically. Any pessimism you might detect in that wording is in no way due to my girlfriend having worked for a certified B Corp until earlier this year.

Comment

Christmas is definitely getting nearer - ad breaks are gradually starting to fill up with insipid ballad renditions of eighties pop hits.

Comment

Ah it's just a new entry in the CSR, Corporate Governance etc. list. Tings that companies do to make the sound ethical.

Comment

There's an annoying modern trend in advertising of asking rhetorical questions.

" who said electric can't be exciting " I don't know, probably no one.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                    Does "Did somebody say 'Just Eat'?" fit in that category too, or should it get into a bin of its own?

Comment

Originally posted by Lymeswold Snork View Post

Does "Did somebody say 'Just Eat'?" fit in that category too, or should it get into a bin of its own?
                                      Absolutely, though thanks for giving me that earworm

Comment

Originally posted by Gregario View Post
                                        Ah it's just a new entry in the CSR, Corporate Governance etc. list. Tings that companies do to make the sound ethical.
                                        Yep. There are some boxes they have to tick to gain the certification but you've got the gist (and as I hinted, it's not like everyone who works for a B Corp thinks they're good employers).

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post

" who said electric can't be exciting " I don't know, probably no one.
                                          Given that a really powerful shock ‘could’ conceivably be defined as ‘exciting’, I guess they have a point?

Comment

A personal injury lawyer advertising on the Spanish language broadcast of the Manchester Derby just did his entire spiel over a reel of CCTV footage of industrial accidents closing with a shot of a coffin.

A bit much for 8:15 am

Comment

That Ewan McGregor one for Expedia where he bangs on about how much he loves sand - not taking a stab at George Lucas and his awful scripts there, are you Ewan?

Comment

The new McDonalds one with the couple of office workers deciding to walk the whole office out by raising their eyebrows at each other is now the worst thing I've ever seen and every time it's on I want to scratch my eyes out.

Comment

But it's directed by Edgar Wright!

Comment

I’m not sure that a herd of wild horses running amok in a residential area makes me feel especially comfortable about banking with Lloyds, but there we are…

Comment

Working...
                                                    X