No announcement yet.

I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that cunt Farage is clogging up my YouTube feed doing something in the ads. I don't know what because I mash that "Skip Ad" button harder than the Hulk delivering the smack down to Loki as soon as possible.

Quite why my viewing algorithm has decided I want to see his vile features, I cannot fathom.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
      It's celebrating 25 years since Lynx Africa (the staple Lynx fragrance) was first released.
      Don't know about anywhere else, but there's been dancing on the streets around these parts...

Comment

Gala, Betfred, Sun: "bingo" is not a sodding verb.

Comment

I've just seen an advertisement on telly for Kentucky Fried Chicken that appears to be based on a racist joke that I first heard about 35 years ago. Que?

Comment

KFC's entire marketing department has been on some pretty strong shit for years now.

https://www.distractify.com/p/kfc-dating-sim

https://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciak...arketing-ride/

https://www.kuration.com/article/kfc...chicken-stuff/

Comment

While watching Afghanistan v Zimbabwe in the cricket, towards the end of play one advert between overs kept cropping up with distressingly increasing frequency, for Mini Cheddars.

It shows a cartoon small town, evidently some kind of dystopia, in which a human-sized anthropomorphic wheel of cheese is seen snacking on Mini Cheddars but then has to flee for its life since, as the diabolical soundtrack song inexplicably in the style of early-'90s-rap tells us, there's some kind of dire cheese shortage and so the townsfolk are chasing our protagonist with nets and stuff. He/she/it will then presumably be caught, torn to pieces and processed into more Mini Cheddars. And all of which surreal terror doesn't even touch on the horrifying implications of the cannibalism going on at the start, since presumably its own cheesy brethren went into making the Cheddars it's eating. Ye gods.

Comment

Jesus. (Or ‘Cheesus’.) Fairly glad I haven’t seen that.

I’m growing a trifle weary of hearing about that new mom’s sore nipples, however.

Comment

There's an advert running on daytime TV for Parsleybox , a ready to eat meal delivery company. In it an elderly lady is preparing her Parsleybox meals for a date. Thing is, her prospective partner looks like old Biff Tannen from Back to the Future 2. I'm surprised he isn't hitting her on the head with his cane, and calling her Butthead!

Comment

Did I just see a Walkers' advert without Gary Lineker in it?

Comment

Vinny Jones (how's the Hollywood career going Vinny?) interrupts filming of an aftershave advert where they seem to be shooting close up footage (and a later shot involving a horse) at the same time as the woman is doing the voiceover. Because that's how adverts are made, isn't it?

Comment

We had two Philip Schofield pitches in one break on London Live just now, the car selling website and something I hadn't seen before for a gin subscription service. Both make big assumptions about how engaged viewers are with his onscreen persona.

Comment

Why would Harry Redknapp think Michael Owen would be a good tipster? Why does Owen call Redknapp gaffer? Why would you contradict the guy you just said knows what's what?

Comment

Gah, marketing people. Aperol has, through the vagaries of fashion and taste, become the popular drink. So of course their marketing department decides to spend money on a TV and campaign.

Why? Is it just so they can say they've done something.

Comment

The group's CEO is now an Istanbul-born Austrian who was trained in the US and UK and used to be at Proctor and Gamble.

It is what they do

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                Vinny Jones (how's the Hollywood career going Vinny?) interrupts filming of an aftershave advert where they seem to be shooting close up footage (and a later shot involving a horse) at the same time as the woman is doing the voiceover. Because that's how adverts are made, isn't it?
                                Suspension of disbelief.

The main 'disbelief' being that anyone, let alone Vinnie Jones, still uses Brut.

Comment

Adverts that pretend to be cutting through all that pretentious advertising nonsense are always grating, even before adding Vinnie to the mix.

I don't wear fragrances but the idea of anyone buying and using Brut in this day and age does seem implausible. The cheap smells in my local pharmacy mostly seem to be David Beckham, Beyonce and other celeb lines.

Comment

The San Miguel advert saying "Find your rich" is just crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                      Adverts that pretend to be cutting through all that pretentious advertising nonsense are always grating...
                                      ...with the possible exception of this from over fifty years ago - which is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQhwNtY3N2k

Comment

There is currently a Subway ad running all over the chuffing place, here. It features Megan Rapinoe (famed US soccer player) kicking a ball and knocking out burgers and things from people's hands, and saying "Why not have a freshly-made, Subway foot-long instead?"

It's fucking annoying, because she is being really fucking smug. "Yeah, Megan, the reason I'm eating this burger, is "fuck off you nosey git", that's why."

Comment

Judging by what I recall of our local Subway's hygiene standards, it's somewhat debatable how much better that'd be for anyone regardless.

Comment

This slightly diminishes my regard for Megan Rapinoe rather than making me more likely to hold my nose and go into a Subway. I mean hold my nose literally; their shops smell like vomit.

Comment

They absolutely stink.

Comment

All these places carry with them that weird, artificial-bread smell.

From recollection, Wimpy's in Canterbury always used to smell of cigarettes, canned chicken soup and damp overcoats.

Comment

That's one for Reddit r/OddlySpecific.

Comment

I struggle to see Proust being a Redditor

Must be a failure of imagination

Comment

Working...
                                                    X