No announcement yet.

I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a good spot. My only quibble is the reliance on "whaaaa?" as a comedy trope amongst a certain set (ad writers...25 to 35 years of age). Seriously, the "whaaaaaaaaat?" thing (usually delivered by an older black woman) is dead dead dead and yet it keeps coming around. The cat bit is cute.

Comment

I literally cannot find it online, but look out for the "Command" commercial for sticking things on the wall, with a young lady going to college. It all goes swimmingly until the very last 4 seconds... and the rest I will not comment on.

(Imagine my surprise, when I was trying to find this thing, and it seems that "Command" were previously advertised by MC Hammer. But of course they were.)

Comment

Just seen a rather weird advert for Natur Vital shampoo. Firstly the acting is really bad. Secondly for some reason the bad actors have decided that the style of acting required for talking about shampoo is Shakespearean. Thirdly someone has decided that the male and female characters discussing shampoo in the bathroom whilst dressed only in dressing gowns should be father and (adult) daughter. Now I'm not suggesting that anything improper is going on (although given the atmosphere of Shakespearean tragedy this can't be ruled out) but it does seem slightly odd that they've gone with this particular relationship rather than the man and his partner.

Comment

Apolgies if this one has already been mentioned but watching the Tour de France on ITV4 in recent weeks has exposed me to a narrow loop of baffling/insane ads, the worst offender being this :

My bemusement was increased by the fact that it appears to be a "sequel", though I like this one more because it focuses on the dog :

Comment

I mentioned the original a while back because there was another advert at the same time that also used a rewritten version of "Flash".

Meanwhile...

David Hasselhoff. Farmfoods. I'll just leave it hanging there.

Comment

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dkcP/kyleena...ut-remembering

The product is not in my sphere of reference, but the acting is freaking shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dkcP/kyleena...ut-remembering

The product is not in my sphere of reference, but the acting is freaking shocking.
                I wonder if Alex McGregor will ever put that on her showreel?

Comment

Some sort of Microsoft computer advert... but it's the two people advertising it that made me scream at the TV.

"The Salmon sisters". I'm not even going to link the commercial I am so angry.

Comment

Oh, and the advert for the HP laptop, which has a kid using his sleeping mum's fingerprint to unlock it... what a little bastard. I hope she wakes up and beats the shit out of him.

(Obviously I don't really. A broken bottle to the jugular should suffice.)

Comment

I realise i'm late to this party, but I've only just seen the Bud Light "dilly dilly" advert. How can this feeble, unimaginative shite have provoked such a plethora of internet memes? It's unfunny, unmemorable pish.

Also, those Kayak adverts. From her appearance, the young woman they've chosen to appear in them is obviously supposed to represent some sort of everywoman - but they've spoiled the effect by employing an absurdly posh voice artist, who sounds like the sort of overprivileged brat whose parents are billionaires, landed gentry and government ministers all at the same time.

Comment

I've been meaning to mention this and someone may have raised it before. There is a commercial on US TV that invites people to, literally, shit in a box and send it somewhere.

Comment

Yes, seen that. Haven't partaken. The address was not 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Comment

They have enough shit there.

Comment

Just seen an advert for pasta at Tesco with Sarah Millican pronouncing "tagliatelle" in the completely wrong way. How do things like that get through the various stages of production?

Comment

God alone knows. They probably thought it was part of her shtick, or something.

Why would a commercial be inviting one to 'sh*t in a box and post it'? More detail needed here. (Well, 'a little more', perhaps...)

Comment

Originally posted by Squarewheelbike View Post
                                  Just seen an advert for pasta at Tesco with Sarah Millican pronouncing "tagliatelle" in the completely wrong way. How do things like that get through the various stages of production?
                                  Yeah, if it's part of her schtick, that's one thing. But it's also possible they chose to pronounce it the way they figured 'most' people would understand it. If most of their base pronounce it wrong, why risk being misunderstood by pronouncing it right.

Comment

JW it's for a product called Cologuard. You are invited to send a, er, sample, in a box, through UPS or FedEx or somebody to company premises where it will be tested or screened or whatever for signs of colon cancer. For a fee. Who needs doctors, eh?

Health care costs in America are an obscenity, true, but really...

Comment

Ah, I see. How to make a fairly routine procedure as unwieldy and awkward as possible.

WOM: That's pretty much what I was angling at a couple of hours before (except that I spelt 'shtick' correctly - smiley thing) - however, I can tell you that nobody pronounces 'tagliatelle' like that o'er this side o' the pond.

Well, perhaps some do, but I'm afraid they need to have things explained to them very clearly in darkened parking lots.

Comment

Sky Mobile are currently running an ad involving beach scenes of kids frolicking in the waves on a summery beach, extolling the virtues of their data plan.

The accompanying music?

"Wouldn't It Be Nice?" by The Beach Boys.

A song about how great it would be if a teenager could have a shag with his girlfriend and then not have to leave afterwards, like an actual adult.

Bit weird, that.

Comment

Given that it's promoting something as anti-social as watching TV on a tiny screen instead of engaging with your friends in even the most basic manner, yes.

Comment

I'm sure I had another point to that but it was late, and I can't remember what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                              I can tell you that nobody pronounces 'tagliatelle' like that o'er this side o' the pond.
                                              How does she pronounce it? I've heard "tag-lee-at-tell", "tag-lee-at-tell-er" and "tay-LEE-a-telly" on this side of the pond.

Comment

Just had a flashback to this load of old shite I ended up watching millions of times a day during the World Cup. Not traumatic as such, just utterly terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                                  "Wouldn't It Be Nice?" by The Beach Boys.

A song about how great it would be if a teenager could have a shag with his girlfriend and then not have to leave afterwards, like an actual adult.
                                                  This had completely passed me by, despite having heard the thing in passing over the years as often as anybody else.

Comment

The current Confused.com ad with the smug git driving a car through a crowded city spouting a Bill Hicks fan's idea of clever wears thin pretty quickly, and the expensive wanker's show reel production just adds to that.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X