Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Galbani - your name is not difficult to pronounce. There are no tricky consonant clusters or uncommon diphthongs in there. Seven letters, three syllables.

Is your target market xenophobes who refuse to pronounce any "forrin" name correctly as a matter of principle?

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Parkdean - please, no-one likes Walking On Sunshine and really, really, no-one likes it when you've rendered it even more unlistenable when you've adapted the lyrics and got a piss-weak vocalist who can barely make themselves heard over the backing track.

Leave a comment:

• pebblethefish
    replied
    Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    (I don't for one moment imagine that I'm the intended demographic, but I'm not understanding that latest M&Ms advert at all.)
    You're by no means alone. I can't even work out who the intended demographic are.

At least they've stopped spying on each other having illicit sex, I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

Every other break between overs during the Cricket World Cup Qualifiers

Leave a comment:

• Southport Zeb
    replied
    There's another electric car advert on at the moment in which the power cable appears sexually attracted to the car.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Orange
    replied
    Originally posted by Nurse Duckett View Post

Yep, that's exactly me every frigging time this advert comes on, much to Mrs D's annoyance.
    Yep, me too. I'm sure there are different versions of the advert with different questions, but the common theme is that the answer is always "No-one, ever".

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    This has bothered me as well

https://twitter.com/haroldpollack/status/1670956489962405888?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow]

Leave a comment:

• Nurse Duckett
    replied
    Originally posted by hobbes View Post
    "Who said electricity can't excite us any more?"

NO ONE! NO ONE SAID IT!
    Yep, that's exactly me every frigging time this advert comes on, much to Mrs D's annoyance.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    By its very definition, 'tradition' cannot 'belong in the past' - if it did, it would cease to be a 'tradition'.

I guess there are old traditions that are consigned to the past, but they tend to be there for a reason - and certainly shouldn't form the basis for any type of promotion.

(I don't for one moment imagine that I'm the intended demographic, but I'm not understanding that latest M&Ms advert at all.)

Leave a comment:

• hobbes
    replied
    Car adverts are a big one at the moment. I've been giggling about the "whispering into" one Hot Orange pointed out upthread, since it came on.
    The one that annoys me most is the Nissan Ariya add. It's an series of strawmen being set up and knocked down.

"Who said electricity can't excite us any more?"

NO ONE! NO ONE SAID IT!

"Who said tradition belongs in the past?"

WHAT? What has that got to do with anything?

"Who said progress can't <knowing pause> progress further"

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!

Leave a comment:

• Fussbudget
    replied
    That Robinsons squash advert with all the people gargling and singing at the same time... urrrrrgh gross gross gross. Cannot fathom the thought process behind that one unless the message is "our squash tastes of mouthwash and the people who drink it have disgusting antisocial habits"

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    A couple of performances as creaky as Beefy's knees:

https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervie...7C17DDA299F3AB

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    I always hated those fucking meerkats, but now they've introduced a fucking wombat that is just as annoying but with an Australian accent. I don't like the idea of hurting animals normally, but I would not feel the slightest pang of guilt shoving them all in a spud sack with a couple of breezeblocks and drowning them in a canal.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Orange
    replied
    Whispering into what now?

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    I see that preview image contains a British passport among the selection. We've still got it!

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    https://twitter.com/business/status/1641031322595409920?s=20

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    Harvester restaurants using the Isley Brothers’ anti-famine anthem Harvest for the World as their ad theme (with lyrics ‘intact’) a couple of decades back…
    All the subtletly of a brick being thrown in your face... d'you think that whoever made that choice later went on to work on Homes Under The Hammer?

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    It’s almost-but-not-quite up there with Harvester restaurants using the Isley Brothers’ anti-famine anthem Harvest for the World as their ad theme (with lyrics ‘intact’) a couple of decades back…

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Gah, beaten to it.

The music director should have stayed at home yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Some bright spark has decided that the best music bed to promote M&S's spring clothing range is OMD's Enola Gay.

I guess that, for some, nothing says 'cutting-edge fashion' like a song documenting a weapon that killed more than 100,000 citizens.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    There's an ad for Tesco's Irish lamb that's probably the weirdest concept I've heard in years. 40 something bloke is cooking lamb for dinner, while asking his mother for advice. Mother is off camera, so we don't know if she's in the room or on the phone. It turns out that mother's dead, and this wannabe Norman Bates recorded her side of the conversation on a cassette tape before she died, so he can play this over and over again. Rather than suggesting he seek counselling, his family seems to think that this behaviour is the most natural thing in the world.

This ad is currently on heavy rotation ,so it's obviously just me.

Leave a comment:

• MarkF
    replied
    Speaking of natural. An object lesson in “smell the fart” acting comes at the end of the Chase advert where the pub-goer, on the verge of Robin Day-like interrogation skewering, demands to know just how many millions of Americans use the bank, recoils in utter amazement when he hears the answer, (a lot) and recovers manfully to resume the conversation he was busy ignoring.

I hope I can get verification for this. There is a Rustlers advert featuring little red riding hood and the wolf as Granny, turning the trope in knots as they go about showing just how much they love each other. At the end, LRR is tasked with actually taking a bite. I may be mistaken but I swear she does that ‘taking a dummy bite’ thing and then masticates furiously with her mouth closed … I have no idea, if this is so, what this says about this product but I’m guessing it’s nothing good.

Leave a comment:

• Southport Zeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon G View Post

Absolutely - I didn't realise burglary was such an issue until I saw those ads. It's a wonder anyone leaves their house with that amount of scaremongering.
    I'm pretty certain that the people who make the ads haven't left their homes for a long time. They certainly don't have any understanding of what passes for even vaguely natural sounding conversation.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
    We used to get that shouty Safestyle twat in the Midlands too.
    He looks like a Poundland Sam Kinison.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkF View Post
    Have the Verisure ads been mentioned yet? Awful in every way.
    Absolutely - I didn't realise burglary was such an issue until I saw those ads. It's a wonder anyone leaves their house with that amount of scaremongering.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X