I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the risk of giving ian.64 the giggles again, we've done the Saniflo ads.

And so they returned. I might re-read this thread again.

Comment

I somehow missed that Saniflo ad the first time it came up. I've just looked it up on YouTube and it is glorious.

Lamentably I have to reveal that the Vesubio grappamiel ad appears to have disappeared from television down here: we're not getting it during Uruguayan clubs' continental matches any more.

Comment

Viewing OTF on the rather small screen of my phone, the following appearing at the top right corner of a page rather traumatised me as I thought for one long-seeming moment I was peering into some terrible dystopia in which Barack Obama was enthusiastically endorsing Donald Trump's bid for the US presidency:

Enlarging reveals it to be nothing more sinister* than Ally McCoist and Chris Kamara enthusiastically endorsing what was apparently some peculiar insurance thing called 5 Team Acca. Further inspection revealed this to be a Ladbrokes betting thing I don't understand. I think this probably represents a step in the direction of sanity, however.

(* Well...)

Comment

Burger King now taking up where BT Infinity left off by having an ad full of "wacky" student wankers. I do hope we get to know them a bit better over the next few years. What secret pain and longing burns within the heart of the podgy ginger joker?

Comment

Further to my previous comment, that twatting Ladbrokes ad has now appeared at the top of virtually every page I've loaded on this sodding site for eight or ten days straight. Jesus.

Comment

More perfume advert garbage.
              Johnny Depp is digging in the desert looking for something he's not quite sure of wearing eyeliner which looks like it's been applied by Stevie Wonder.

Comment

The Addiction Network.

"We all know what happens when we don't deal with addiction..."

The payoff is about 15 seconds in...

Comment

Calvert wrote: More perfume advert garbage.
                  Johnny Depp is digging in the desert looking for something he's not quite sure of wearing eyeliner which looks like it's been applied by Stevie Wonder.
                  Fortunately my fellow Weegies know how to deal with Johnny Depp perfume ad bullshit:

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

https://[video=youtube_share;xk_q3Zv...?v=xk_q3Zv_5w8[/video]
                      https://[video=youtube_share;BIR5dNN...?v=BIR5dNN7o1w[/video]

There really are NO original ideas left, are there?

Meanwhile, Freddie's spinning so fast he's running the entire National Grid.

Comment

Once more, Glasgow restores my faith in humanity (outside of July Fleg week and OF hate sessions anyway). Are we allowed to think Depp is an over mannered nigh on unwatchable actor yet? Himself and Tim Burton need to fuck right off from their horrible films with their sick making palettes and the ubiquitous HBC.

Comment

Not sure that Tim Burton can quite fuck HBC off yet...

... although next best thing, they are married and live next door to each other.

Comment

Bloody hell, the first of those ads in 3CR's post is a bad one but the second one is just atrocious.

Thanks for including the videos by the way, 3CR. Are they both current on UK TV?

Comment

Sam wrote: Are they both current on UK TV?
                              Yes. If they'd been running separately I'd have just thought they were another two adverts using shitty rewrites of an existing song to add to the myriad that have pulled off the same thing.

The fact they're both running at the same time (and I've even seen them both in the same ad break) was the thing that struck me.

Comment

Sam wrote: Bloody hell, the first of those ads in 3CR's post is a bad one but the second one is just atrocious.
                                Christ, was that Flash ad written by a four-year-old?

Comment

Couple of things:

Duluth Trading (clothing company) are advertising :"Ballroom Jeans", and they do exactly as they suggest (for fat blokes).

Wendy's now have a new $5 deal with a chicken-type burger thing, a drink, and small fry.

Comment

Did anyone watch Channel 4's The Last Leg (live from Rio) on Friday night? In a nod to the Paralympics, the final commercial break in the programme was accompanied by every ad being signed by a bloke (the same one) in the corner of the screen – except for a Maltesers one that was actually performed in sign language, so he just pulled up a chair and some snacks and watched it. He was dressed for the part in every case, so the aforementioned Flash horror saw him appear in character as... the dog. It nearly made it actually worthwhile.

Comment

Katharine Heigl (Knocked Up, 27 Dresses) has just been on TV in a commercial for cat food. Aside from this being her only job in ages, the final lines are (talking as a counsellor to a patient with a cat):

"You can pet the cat now. Not for too long, or he'll scratch the crap out of you."

What? On US TV at 9:20am?

Comment

That tit reading a poem on the Nationwide Building Society advert is getting on my nerves.

Comment

"If carlsberg did haircuts" I can get a pint where I get my hair cut and the music's better than "pump up the jam " as well

Comment

The Sky advert for Monday's Liverpool/Man Utd game (sorry, "MNF"). Cities deserted, a handful of people wondering where everyone's gone. They're all at the pub!

Oh do fuck right off.

Comment

The Sky advert for Monday's Liverpool/Man Utd game (sorry, "MNF"). Cities deserted, a handful of people wondering where everyone's gone. They're all at the pub!

Oh do fuck right off.

Specially made for the fucker who needs his football club to fill the hole in his life that he fails to do and probably watches this shit with his face screwed up in an expression of vengeance, a clenched fist and a hissed 'yeah!' through clenched teeth. I hate this everything-or-nothing bollocks they peddle, truly

Comment

Why does Trivago use an Australian spokeswoman when advertising in the UK?

Not that there is anything wrong with it but I'm curious about the thought processes. Like with the Tena lady advert with what I think is a French lady.

Comment

wittoner wrote: That tit reading a poem on the Nationwide Building Society advert is getting on my nerves.
                                                  Those Nationwide adverts are so bad they make me hate poetry.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O

Dimitri Martin is in a commercial for insurance, and it's not funny.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O

Comment

Working...
                                                    X