I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McEwan's and Count Ivan Skovinsky Skovar vs Abdul the Bulbul Emir.

(But doubtless the humourless politically correct killjoys would ban that one these days...)

Comment

Speaking of which, are there still ads for bitter on telly any more, or are they all lager and cider? (Or perry?)

Comment

Tonight on one of the continent-wide channels I discovered that Banco de Chile's current advertising slogan - which I'm assuming they paid someone to come up with - is 'Banco de Chile: el banco de Chile' ('Bank of Chile: the bank of Chile').

It's not often that you find an example of when literally anything else at all would have shown more imagination/effort, but this is one of those occasions.

Comment

Guy Profumo wrote: Speaking of which, are there still ads for bitter on telly any more, or are they all lager and cider? (Or perry?)
          That Greene King IPA one with Cook / Stokes / Vaughan. Olde Speckled Hen with the fox.

Comment

Serge Gainsbourg wrote:
            Originally posted by Crusoe
            Originally posted by Jah Womble
            Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so
            Rumbelow's, Halifax, Bisto, Pedigree Chum...
            Been trying to make those words fit that Fast Food Rockers song...
            OH THANKS FOR REMINDING ME OF THAT
            I was thinking more the Manic's 'Natwest-Barclays-Midlands-Lloyds'

Keep it Punk!
            This is a good idea. James Dean Bradfield is a hero and inspiration to anyone trying to make words fit a tune.

Comment

Have we mentioned Fred & Wilma, followed by Top Cat himself, choosing to use Halifax for their personal loan / mortgage needs?

Comment

Kellogg's Crave takes the sexualisation of food to a new low with pole dancing breakfast cereal making a hooting audience of chocolate melt.

What kind of person pitches that idea?

Comment

Patrick Thistle wrote: Kellogg's Crave takes the sexualisation of food to a new low with pole dancing breakfast cereal making a hooting audience of chocolate melt.

What kind of person pitches that idea?
                  Someone who works in a pole-dancing club, but has to debase themselves by working as an ad exec in the daytime, just to make ends meet?

Comment

This. On every level.

What started as a slightly creepy role-reversal bit of nonsense has now taken on a Fight Club bizarre, sweaty, underground sexual violence element that makes me want to take out underground-car-park insurance in case my eyes burn on their stalks should I chance upon such choreographed horror. I mean, It's not even wrong-wrong, it's just flat wrong-wrong-wrong.*

*just gave myself an incongruous George Harrison earworm. Och. Sorry to Mr Harrison's estate.

Comment

Lock that irritating little bastard in the Fairy Liquid ad in a cupboard OR help him finish his fucking rocket so we don't have to hear his whiny voice ever again, for chrissakes.

Comment

It's not even the right shaped bottle for a rocket, as Mrs Thistle points out every time it's on.

This is why we can't go on living in the past.

Comment

Patrick Thistle wrote: Have we mentioned Fred & Wilma, followed by Top Cat himself, choosing to use Halifax for their personal loan / mortgage needs?
                          Wasn't the Top Cat ad first? It was for me, anyway.

Expect The Jetsons seeking robot insurance or Rocky & Bullwinkle shopping for an ISA any day now.

Comment

I saw Fred & Wilma first but I don't really care enough to argue.

Comment

The Top Cat one is predicated on mortgage fraud, as well.

Comment

Don't know if it's been posted but the one for the orange drink with the roman emperor, not only is it incredibly annoying but it's never off the telly

Comment

The new EE broadband ad with Kevin Bacon sharing screen time with Rio Ferdinand.

Kevin, just fuck off and make some films, will you?

Comment

Perfume adverts again
                                    That Bamboo one, I've forgotten who makes it (ha! I win) but it's probably the worst one yet.

Cunts.

Comment

Calvert wrote: Perfume adverts again
                                      That Bamboo one, I've forgotten who makes it (ha! I win) but it's probably the worst one yet.

Cunts.
                                      I've no idea either but Calvert's incisive review should be the opening agenda item at the ad makers next meeting.

Incidentally, is it worse than the 'I'm not going to be the person who.. bell-end walks out of presser & scenery collapses' coke fuelled nonsensical masterpiece that was on every xmas the last few years?

Comment

Is that the one for Only The Brave?
                                        Some tossknuckle running around shirtless. Looks like he's trying to escape a deserved kicking.
                                        There's another one on a rowing boat where some guy looks like he's about to feed the pony and the director shouts 'CUT!!'

Comment

To Calvert- its for Bleu or something, you'd know it & hate it if you saw the bastard. Is the other one some bloke in his keks about to make sexy time with his bird. More charmlessly dim-witted than lynx ads which are more derided & sneered at generally as a product used by stegs, but at least the ads have some element (sometimes)of self depreciation. These ones, its all, here's this bottle of pig's piss with a French name for £40, look at the fucking state if us.
                                          Or something.

Comment

The Lynx ad with the angels falling out of the sky as an operatic version of Sexy Boy played was pretty good. Shame it was for Lynx, but the song was great.

Comment

The ad that Calvert references is ludicrous. Like those old Denim commercials but with an extra 'o' level.

Patrick Thistle wrote: I saw Fred & Wilma first but I don't really care enough to argue.
                                              Relax - I wasn't proposing a fight about it.

Comment

There's a Saniflo ad circulating on the UKTV group of channels - I don't know how they've managed it but they've made dubbing over the same language less synchronised than those imported children's serials from the 60s.

Comment

At the risk of giving ian.64 the giggles again, we've done the Saniflo ads.

Comment

Look out old Ashley's back.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X