• Show
Clear All

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The saddest bit is that you are right

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Presumably Dior believe there are still people around who regard him as "cool", rather than ridiculous and moronic. And that those people use expensive cologne.

Also surprising that they are cool with his legally confirmed status as a beater of women.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    He's almost 60

They aren't paying him enough to run

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Catch him! Bite him!

He isn't even running, for goodness' sake.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    There's a new Johnny Depp advert for Dior Sauvage Elixir that is jaw dropping in its naffness (not wanting to see him for other reasons aside). Playing an electric guitar in the desert? Why, Johnny, you are sooo cool.

Also the "elixir" creates an unwelcome image of him drinking the stuff, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    A reluctance to acknowledge that other places are available seems consistent enough with PlusNet's Yorkshire-centric pitch, off-putting as it is.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Because they have no clue that Dick King-Smith spent almost his entire life in the West Country?

Leave a comment:

• Hot Orange
    replied
    Why do PlusNet think it's only in Yorkshire that people use the phrase "That'll do" in a deliberately understated way?

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Didn't know where else to put this - C4 knock it out of the park again for the Paralympics

Leave a comment:

• S. aureus
    replied
    Not really traumatic (irritating, mind), but I've just watched an Audi advert where the car is shown sedately cruising down a couple of streets while the small print informs me that it's being driven by a professional driver on a closed circuit. Why do I need to be told this? Is it to try and quell the urge to smoothly drive down the road at a moderate speed as to do that kind of thing I would need professional training?

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    Whoever created that Domino’s yodelling ad campaign may have to be shot dead.
    Agreed, however the small lesson in manners at the end is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    Keep a weather eye on Real Betis Balompié to potentially put the domesticated feline among the feral stock doves.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    "FC Barcelona players eat them" says a mother to her carrot-resistant daughter in an ad for an exorbitantly priced fridge.

FC Barcelona, as we all call them in conversation.
    I wonder if they'll get the better of Real Madrid CF this year, or will Club Atlético de Madrid S.A.D. manage a repeat?

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    That new SumUp advert raised quite a smile here. Fair play to them.

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    I had glimpsed the Cantona ad on FFWD but finally saw it last night, little did I know it was for Cashley and Sports Direct

Leave a comment:

• Levin
    replied
    Also, doesn't it involve a little bit more than surface knowledge about yodelling?

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Whoever created that Domino’s yodelling ad campaign may have to be shot dead.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied
    OK. So, ex-Blossom, and "whatever the fck the comedy with science" was, she's gone full-on vitamins endorsing.

She can now, officially, go fuck herself. Probably.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied
    I swear to dog, the next time I hear the phrase "let it rain", and it involves money, I am going to go postal.

FUCK YOU fradt nkigs (Proud of dyslexia.com)

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Lenor - "Where's The Sun?"

Right up where it don't shine if you don't shut the fuck up with your caterwauling.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Who, when deciding which celebrity to use to flog their TVs, thinks "Jimmy Bullard is your only man "

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    I struggle to see Proust being a Redditor

Must be a failure of imagination

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied
    That's one for Reddit r/OddlySpecific.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    All these places carry with them that weird, artificial-bread smell.

From recollection, Wimpy's in Canterbury always used to smell of cigarettes, canned chicken soup and damp overcoats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X