George and June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George and June

June Whitfield and Brian Murphy could meet at an afternoon tea dance and get married with hilarious consequences!
    It's a winner!

George and June

It's incredible to think Brian Murphy was only 40 when Man About The House started, and 43 with George And Mildred. Middle age wasn't kind.

Comment

George and June

George at asda wrote:
      It's incredible to think Brian Murphy was only 40 when Man About The House started, and 43 with George And Mildred. Middle age wasn't kind.
      Yes, he's always looked the same to me! Was watching Terry and June before (hence this rubbish) and thought the bloke that played Sir Dennis played the same type of character in The Good Life

Comment

George and June

Clive Dunn had that particular virtue of looking roughly the same age of the character he played in Dad's Army while being far younger in years. I say 'virtue' because he and Murphy capitalised on this and made their livings out of it as actors, Dunn even more so (who else could have a hit record while imitating a senior citizen?).

Comment

George and June

I believe that I've confessed in these pages before that I didn't realize that Clive Dunn was a young man as opposed to an old boy in his "Dad's Army" heyday until I was well into my twenties. Oops, I did it again.

Comment

George and June

Well, not exactly in the first flush of youth - he was nearly 50 when the series started. He's Gretchen Franklin's cousin too, you know.

Comment

George and June

Well, that excuses me at 10. At 25, I'm not so sure.
              My mam went to school with Chris Rea's sister.

Comment

Working...
              X