McNulty presenting HIGNFY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didn't see that coming. He wasn't bad either.

although he went a bit quiet after mentioning the tory shadow cabinet and Eton, as he (dominic west) is himself an old etonian

I think he made a joke specifically about that point, didn't he?

Comment

did he? I missed it then, i was watching on iplayer as the bbc cancelled it last night as the snooker overran

Comment

He mentioned how the shadow cabinet call George Osborne an oik for only having gone to St. Paul's, and then said something like "you can see their point".

Comment

Yep, West was pleasantly good in a urbanely jolly way (can you be urbanely jolly?) and looked as if he was enjoying himself hugely.

What was better was James May's realisation that his blokey style didn't wash with the audience or, to an extent, the panel. One joke about a toy rat apart, he looked visibly uncomfortable at times.

Comment

Dominic West was excellent. Took me a while to realise it was actually him presenting. I always like it when Reginald D. Hunter is on. James May was awful though.

Comment

I had absolutely no idea who Dominic West was, in fact I had to Wikipedia him after the show, but enjoyed his hosting.

I still think the show is getting very tired though, Merton obviously doesn't really want to be doing it, they should replace him before he sucks all the life out of the show.

Reg was good, although I find it amusing that because he's so cool, he quite often gets laughs from saying things that really aren't actually funny (and I don't think he's even said them intending to get a laugh).

Comment

Working...
              X