Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Christian telly so rubbish?

HAHAHA.

Anyway, Sam Phillips asked Jimmy Swaggart to start a gospel wing to Sun Records, which kind of tells you the talent he had/has.

Great article, Inca. However, I was disappointed when I saw Dr. Scott' face. I was hoping for this:

...when I got this:

Comment

This is more typical:

Comment

When I channel surf and Dr Creflo A. Dollar comes on, I'll watch for a bit, just to be astonished. That name alone!

Comment

Yes, rarely as a name been so apt. Well tailored suits though.

Comment

Excellent entertaining stuff from jason and Inca. I recall a New Yorker article from several years ago about the Reverend Dollar. You need a subscription to read it now, though, unfortunately.

I had never heard about the shrooms on Patmos! That would almost have me believing in a God with a sense of humor. My little ninth grade fundamentalist pupil has the book of Revelation practically memorized.

Comment

Robert Popper's take on the Deya Broadcasting Network

(Yes, it's a few months old, but it's well worth a read)

Comment

historyman wrote:
                EIM wrote:

Christians were all boring at school as well. Never got up to much, no imagination. Just sort of sat there, worked hard, and achieved. I guess it's the Protestant work ethic or something. The time to have fun is when you're dead. Spend your life working towards that target.
                What, all Christians? I know plenty of Christians who are the total opposite of that stereotype.

Maybe they would have had those personalities irrespective of whether they had a faith or not.
                I take it you're here for the football...

Comment

Working...
                X