Twilight - New Moon/Tentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well , was dragged along to see this , in version originale with french subbies - hmmmm.

Lots of pretty boys and girls, some running around with barely any clothes on (unfortunately not the girls).

Lots of big furry dogs, slow motion blurred movements to depict demonic speed,and the guy who played Brian Clough as a chief vampire dude, - "Now , Now young man!" oh! and a token Muse song.

All in all, extremely average and "Waters of Mars" was way scarier- Someone should get Murray Gold to set the mood - anything to get him away from the BBC.

I had seen the first movie on the TV the day before so I was down with the kid's on what it was about - I will now cancel my plan to read the books.

I suppose it's aimed for teenage girls to swoon over the palid Mr Patterson - so what do I know?

VTTBoscombe wrote:
    I suppose it's aimed for teenage girls to swoon over the palid Mr Patterson - so what do I know?
    Well you know that for starters.

Comment

God, I wish I was interested in science-fiction and horror again like I used to be when I was a bit younger, but - some examples aside - I've fallen out of love with the genre a bit and I can't even be interested in seeing the first film (it's on cable) as I'd risk crumbling to dust. Not with exposure to sunlight, but with the unease that this is a film whose demographic limitations are so rigorously drawn that to even watch it would bring on the suspicion that I'm not watching a thrill-laden examination of the machinations of the undead, but a no-old-cunts-allowed celebration of pin-up hunks and hot babes, where the horror traditions and deeper appeal of the vampire genre are shoved down the queue to make way for Twilight quilts, Twilight ring-tones, Twilight posters and hordes of screaming teenagers waiting at film premieres with the express intention of clicking at Robert Pattinson with their mobile phone cameras (that's if they fail in their attempts at simply trying to rip the skin off his hands).

I couldn't even give a shit about True Blood. Christ, I'm miserable this morning.

Comment

I'm in danger of going to see this tonight. I know I shouldn't. But I quite enjoyed the first one.

Comment

It was all right, you know. Lots of nonsense but some of it was quite entertaining and fun. The stupid thing is that werewolf guy is ridiculously, insanely hot, and has a vague attempt at characterisation as well, and so the fact that drippy girl actually prefers robovamp personality free zone guy makes so little sense that it stops being romantic and becomes bizarre.

Comment

Is this 'Jasper' you're talking about? It's quite sickening... both m'lovely wife and m'lovely daughter drool over him whenever the New Moon trailer appears on TMF.

What's even more depressing is that one day, me and Spawn of Mumpo 2 will be sat drooling in unison over some provocatively-clad lady in a rock vid; but whereas his mind will be bursting with strange and powerful new sensations, mine will just be sodden with lascivious slaver.

Comment

ian.64 wrote:
              God, I wish I was interested in science-fiction and horror again like I used to be when I was a bit younger, but - some examples aside - I've fallen out of love with the genre a bit and I can't even be interested in seeing the first film (it's on cable) as I'd risk crumbling to dust. Not with exposure to sunlight, but with the unease that this is a film whose demographic limitations are so rigorously drawn that to even watch it would bring on the suspicion that I'm not watching a thrill-laden examination of the machinations of the undead, but a no-old-cunts-allowed celebration of pin-up hunks and hot babes, where the horror traditions and deeper appeal of the vampire genre are shoved down the queue to make way for Twilight quilts, Twilight ring-tones, Twilight posters and hordes of screaming teenagers waiting at film premieres with the express intention of clicking at Robert Pattinson with their mobile phone cameras (that's if they fail in their attempts at simply trying to rip the skin off his hands).

I couldn't even give a shit about True Blood. Christ, I'm miserable this morning.
              But it would be great if you was a real vampire and dug in from neck to neck on such a gala evening, wouldn't it?
              The police could hardly take you in for being there and feasting, could they?
              They're asking for it, the screaming teenagers, aren't they?

Enough questions until after next full moon.
              (Shit, now the werewolves will get pissed off because I got it mixed up, won't they?)

Comment

Mumpo wrote:
                Is this 'Jasper' you're talking about? It's quite sickening... both m'lovely wife and m'lovely daughter drool over him whenever the New Moon trailer appears on TMF.
                Ah no Jasper is another foppish vamp - who is always on the border of self control around human blood. Poor chap has issues.

Wolfboy, as referred to by Lyra, is actually Jacob, or some other J, (I almost had to Google that - film made such an impression on me.)

Comment

Yeah. Jacob. With the gorgeous smile. And the muscles.

Comment

Lyra wrote: The stupid thing is that werewolf guy is ridiculously, insanely hot, and has a vague attempt at characterisation as well, and so the fact that drippy girl actually prefers robovamp personality free zone guy makes so little sense that it stops being romantic and becomes bizarre.[/quote]

No, no no! The vampire in the book is very romantic. The werewolf doesn't stand a chance.

I've not seen the films but I have to say that Robert Pattinson looks mighty fine to me.

Comment

Ooh no. He's bland and unattractive. I think even if I was 15 I would think so. I hope I would. Wolf guy on the other hand is just beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                      X