The Prisoner II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Prisoner II

Has anyone watched any of the remake yet? I was tempted to avoid it, La Signora still is. She prefers to live in the original village and is afraid her memory of it will be erased if she sees a minute of the new series.

Anyway after two episodes, it ain't so bad, pretty good actually. It doesn't attempt to simulate the contemporary quaintness of the original, something that was a characteristic of Brit-TV in the 60s I think. Nor does it follow the same plotting, more edgy-sinister, less cosy. No descriptions or spoilers yet, I'll wait for other comments first.

The Prisoner II

Nah, missed it this past Saturday. It's only a miniseries, right, and not a new ongoing series?

Comment

The Prisoner II

Yes, it was six episodes over three nights or something.

Comment

The Prisoner II

I was a huge fan of the original. I watched half an episode of this new one and turned it off. It may be good, but it's not going to get a fair hearing from me.

Comment

The Prisoner II

That's a shame. I too love the McGooghan series, have done since its first airing but I don't think this debases it at all, it's really quite different, more like 1984 in some respects. Not a classic by any means but captivating enough.

Comment

The Prisoner II

I've got 5 episodes on the DVR. I think I may have missed the first one. (online anywhere?)

I'm looking forward to watching it, even if it's not great.

Comment

The Prisoner II

All episodes are on fast torrents at the mo.

Comment

The Prisoner II

Thanks.

I think the episode I missed is re-running this weekend, so I should be set.

Comment

The Prisoner II

Nothing could possibly come remotely close to the original cast (from McGooghan down on to Rover), sets, setting, mood, theme and soundtrack.

Comment

The Prisoner II

Sure, but as I said, they're not trying to emulate the original. The only characteristics that remain the same are rover and and the residents' numbers (which run into the thousands.) Viewed on its own merits it's pretty decent.

Comment

Working...
                    X