Masterpiece.

A Serious Man

I agree.

Comment

A Serious Man

Their best yet for my money.

Comment

A Serious Man

Rather enjoyed it. Was going to say how brilliant Michael Stuhlbarg was, but in fact the whole cast were excellent.

Comment

A Serious Man

I really want to see this, but it's as rare as rocking horse shit in cinemas near me.

Fuck Twilight: New Moon. Fuck 2012. Fuck Disney's A Christmas Carol (the cunts have nicked that as well have they?). Fuck them all.

Comment

A Serious Man

Despite Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich's best efforts, American cinema isn't completely fucked while these guys are making films.

Comment

A Serious Man

I caught this last night. It is indeed different to most films you'll see, and very well-crafted, but . . . not really that good. Definitely not in the same league as The Big Lebowski (with which it shares its film noir thrust and marijuana use) or No Country For Old Men (with which it shares nothing).

Ultimately, it's just a bit nothing. Diverting but very unsatisfying.

Comment

A Serious Man

My favourite film by the Coens is still The Man Who Wasn't There which no-one ever seems to mention. Same with The Hudsucker Proxy and Barton Fink. Everyone knows about The Big Lebowsky and No Country For Old Men but some of their lesser known work is excellent.

Comment

A Serious Man

Barton Fink is one of my favourite films...

Comment

A Serious Man

My favourite Coens film is also The Man Who Wssn't There.

Comment

A Serious Man

The Man Who Wasn't There is probably my second favourite Coen film after Lebowski. It's so bleak, and so funny. It was, though, weird watching it in a West End cinema where nobody was laughing - it created a very weird kind of tension. It felt like everyone wanted to laugh at the massively long-held shots of pools of blood - which are, actually, funny - but nobody quite dared to.

Comment

Working...
                      X