Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashforward

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
    I'm thinking of cutting my losses, writing it off and not bothering with the rest. Can anyone who's seen more than one episode tell me whether it's worth persevering?
    Well it's shitloads better that watching the Gypsies, Lesbians and Sharks taking over Heroes, that's for sure.

Comment

Flashforward

Lyra wrote:
      Yes. I guess she's unlikely to be in Kiev or somewhere further east. I had a sort of sunrisey feeling about the London bird scene, but I may have added that in my head. I do like the way it's filmed, big skies, gorgeously excessive lighting, swooshy camerawork.
      I thought "That's a bit light for London at 6am in Spring"

Comment

Flashforward

Oh, it's definitely cheesy. The gunfight at the end of the most recent episode was hilarious, but I'm not sure it was meant to be. As for the Lost comparison, I can see where you're coming from, but I think they're aiming for something different. At times it's more of a crime procedural drama than anything else (unfortunately).

It's definitely trash telly, so I wouldn't go out of my way to persevere with it, but I find it pretty compelling. They do cliffhangers very well.

Comment

Flashforward

I'm all caught up. Still enjoying it. There's been some dodgy acting & soundtrack choices, but it still looks great and I find I don't care so much about the big story at the minute.
          My observations include:

Nice contrast with Olivia's reactions to Addison's guy & Janis' womb.
          Janis is excellent all round. Kick-ass karate in heels and hot girlfriend. Nice.
          John Cho is suddenly very hot. When did this happen??
          How on earth did they all get out of the car? The gunfight was great, though. Stan is all kinds of cool.
          At least they're advancing the reason for the blackout. Loving Hobbit boy from Lost as sexy superbaddie physics genius.
          If one more TV drama feels the need to explain Schroedinger's cat to me, I'm going to write to complain to someone.
          Mark, your silly jealousy and double standards are going to make the future happen! You know this. Sort it out. Great scene in the living room.
          I enjoyed also the Across the Universe montage. I love that song.

Comment

Flashforward

So, that was Leoben, right? I was sure it was at first, but then as the epsiode went on I became less and less sure.

Comment

Flashforward

I've let this go, by the way. I might try it again on DVD in a couple of years when it's all over, but I'm not sufficiently convinced to commit right now (what with my busy schedule, lar-di-dar...)

Comment

Flashforward

I've been a bit underwhelmed by the last couple of episodes. It's all gone a bit soapy and the new villains are mostly cartoonish to the point of absurdity.

Also, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

What were they thinking revealing that Simcoe had something to do with the blackout and then just ignoring it this last episode? Very odd.

Comment

Flashforward

Spoilers ep 7

I'm very upset by Alan's decision. I guess someone had to react that way, but I liked him. It would have been better if he'd landed on the woman he was supposed to kill in the future. But now the Trousers of Time have bifurcated as Terry P would say. How will they deal with it - I'm not convinced they will. Also, where was evil hobbit from Lost? Just sitting around looking menacing is not enough. I've plenty of time on my hands so I'm not giving up just yet. It's not the worst TV show I watch.

Comment

Flashforward

Spoilers ep 8, maybe

So I just watched it and I can't remember what happened. That's not good. A lot of people either happy because the future is changeable or miserable, depending on what they saw. What a waste of nice underwear. As if that's going to make all the difference. I like Tracy's subplot, it has potential. I'm sure everyone in the world watching will be going 'duh' at Mark when he says 'I killed him first'. Didn't really need to remind us that more than one person can have the same tattoo.

I don't mind soap opera and I don't mind lots of silly nonsense with Charlie hobbit guy going 'I'm a genius! An evil genius!' but I would like it if plot lines didn't just keep being started and then disappearing, like Leoben's Russian roulette-discos or two-by-two-hands-of-blue men or the woman who know about Harold's murder, etc etc.

Comment

Flashforward

or the crows for that matter, Lyra.

Comment

Flashforward

Gang, just read the book, only takes a week.

Nothing like the series of course.

Comment

Flashforward

I like this Keiko. She has good taste. That Dylan song she was playing air guitar to is just about my favourite live performance ever. And then they had a Japanese cover version later in the show. Maybe it's going to be like BSG and Dylan is the key to it all.

Comment

Flashforward

I like her too. She has guts and she's gorgeous and her & Bryce's storyline is just so lovely and sweet. This week I didn't mind at all that the show has given up all pretence of being anything other than a soap. and I loved the little twist at the end and all the happy lights and the Japanese aesthetic.

Comment

Flashforward

So it's back and it's still bobbins but I'm lacking the impetus to stop watching. Charlie Hobbit is looking very gaunt and very sexy indeed so that helps. The smartness of the design and so on seems to have gone off the boil a bit, like they're paying more attention to intensifying the paradoxes that they tried to defuse before. Anyway. It passes the time.

Comment

Flashforward

Yeah, I'm not too enamoured with the post-break episodes. It's all going a bit X-Files. And what's happened to Bryce and Keiko? I don't think we've seen them once since the hiatus.

Comment

Flashforward

I had forgotten all about them until opening the thread today. They want to mix up the soap bits a bit more.

Comment

Flashforward

Have been following this series with very mixed feelings, dreading some kind of Born-Again happy clappy ending all along. The most recent episode I saw was set mainly in Somalia and has this warlord geezer and he'll shoot ya soon as look at ya. After some fraught scenes one of the agents has a bit of a word with him about his flashforward and he has a bit of a think and goes all sentimental and lets his guard slip and, well, it was about as believable as one of the several millions of mood shifts per episode of Phil fecking Mitchell off Eastenders. Terrible.

Comment

Flashforward

It stopped being believable pretty damn early in the season.

Comment

Flashforward

I enjoyed that episode because of the really aces possibility that Harold is going to father Janis's child. And because the new guy, Darwin off Sleeper Cell is always very watchable with his fantastic eyes. People otherwise are just running around trying to make their flashforwards come true or to prevent them coming true. since some people have managed to guarantee that not everyone's can come true any more, that whole side of it is irrelevant so now it's just another terrorist thriller. they need some more mystical nonsense soon as well as some more soap opera.

Comment

Flashforward

Lyra wrote:
                                          they need some more mystical nonsense soon as well as some more soap opera.
                                          But we got a huge hint at time travel at the end of that episode. That not mystical nonsense enough?

Comment

Flashforward

since some people have managed to guarantee that not everyone's can come true any more, that whole side of it is irrelevant so now it's just another terrorist thriller
                                            Totally. I think that was a huge mistake, dramatically speaking. The main thing it had going for it was that Hitchcockian suspense quality: tell people what's going to happen and then reveal how you get there. Even when there was constructive ambiguity as to whether they were "true" visions, it worked quite well, as obviously they were influencing people's behaviour in a Sophoclean kind of way. But now that they are just possible futures, what's the fucking point?

Comment

Working...
                                            X