Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 7

Anyone else seen the first episode?

Shark not jumped yet - it felt fresher than last year. But this apparent story arc... my God, it's dark. I love black comedy, but I was staring open-mouthed at the screen in the final scene - an absolutely brilliant premise in purely comedic terms, but fuck me, it's going to be rough. If he can pull this off without being truly, pointlessly, unfunnily offensive, he really is a genius.

Haven't read anything about it, and don't have HBO anymore, so I didn't see it. $15 a month is just too much for one show. I'm sure I can find it online someplace.

Comment

Is this the new one with the Seinfeld arc? I was flipping back and forth when Mad Men went to commercials last night, but I kept getting dirty looks so I stopped. Will watch the replay on Tuesday.

Comment

So glad to hear it's still good. Oh look, as well, I seem to have found episode one just lying around. How about that. I am saving it for a treat, though, for when I finish this piece of work.

Comment

The Seinfeld stuff hasn't begun yet. I'm thinking of the arc re. Vivica Fox. Shan't spoiler, but bloody hell.

Comment

Lyra wrote:
            So glad to hear it's still good. Oh look, as well, I seem to have found episode one just lying around. How about that. I am saving it for a treat, though, for when I finish this piece of work.
            Are you back subtitling again?

Taylor: black comedy....Vivica Fox...oo...er...

Comment

Well, her character's last name is Black. When Larry picked them up at LAX last season, they introduced themselves as the Blacks. "Really?"

Comment

Is this only available on More 4 in the UK? Anyone know of any website that might have it? Ta.

Edit- It's ok, watching now.

Jesus. A lot more bleak then when he was trying to get out of giving Lewis his kidney.

Comment

Episode didn't dissapoint, very very funny...did think the camera work looked a bit different, had a slightly newer feel to it but same old curb, which is of course a good thing.

Not looking forward to the Seinfield reunion I fucking depsise that show...mainly due to Jerry, I think I find it totally jarring. Curb is infinetely superior in every way shape or form. Seinfield is like Coldplay, U2 and Strabucks, everybody else seems to love it but I can't stand it. My family adore ir for some unknown reason, spent many christmas' listening to that fucking bass loop and the kenny G backing track...pure fucking hell on earth.

Not going to get into a Seinfield debate, but Larry is a bona-fide genius for making curb.

Comment

"Jeez, you can't make an empty gesture to a Funkhouser."

Great ep.

Comment

Watching it again now.

'Can I still play golf?'.

Wonderful.

Comment

thought it was fantastic, and the one line to plant the seinfeld thing was very nicely done, actually makes sense now in the context of the show

his faint at the end was completely, hilariously ott

Comment

Yep, great stuff, and i think he can do it. I hope so.

I hope we see more of Leon soon too, he was always my favourite Black.

Comment

How are you all getting to see this? I didn't even know it had been made.

Comment

i, for one, am downloading it

Comment

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
                                How are you all getting to see this? I didn't even know it had been made.
                                sidereel.com

Comment

Fucking classic episode tonight. Lewis and Leon on top form and very funny.

Comment

amazing amazing episode, think its actually getting better somehow

looks like leon is staying around for good

Comment

Yay for Leon staying around. Excellent episode, classic Curb ending.

Comment

I've finally got round to watching Season 6. So I'm not reading this yet.

Comment

To answer Taylor's concern at the beginning of the thread, the producer of Curb, Robert B. Weide, was interviewed on NPR. He was asked how he came to know Larry David. He said that he got a script in the late 70s, and in it there was a man who was afraid of committing to relationships, so he dated terminally ill cancer patients.

Needlesstosay, he's probably been cooking this one up for decades.

Comment

Who saw the reunion episode then? By no means a classic, 'Vehicular Fellatio' was much more amusing in my opinion.

Comment

yeah, weakest of the season so far. still some great moments though and obviously an important one for the plot

i especially enjoyed the restaurant scene and the coin toss

Comment

I think the lastest episode trumps 'The Reunion' as the weakest. No furthering of the story arc and is it just me but do you find that sometimes Larry goes overboard in his manners? There was the Funkhouser (sp) Roadside Memorial in the last season when he went as far as stealing flowers, and in the last episode the whole bit about stopping the singing was maybe too far on the side of rudeness.
                                                Whilst the audience is usually on Larry's side and agree in principle with the points he tries to make, there is the odd occasion where he manages to go too far.

Comment

In case you didn't know it's starting on More4 this week. The recorder is set up and ready to roll. I am a long-time fan of all things Larry....

Curb Your Enthusiasm
                                                  Thursday 15 October
                                                  10:55pm - 11:30pm
                                                  More4

1/10 - Funkhouser's Crazy Sister

The oompah-ish theme tune signals the return of master miserabilist Larry David and his cantankerous-git-com. Now in its seventh series, the show is still merrily trashing taboos as our solipsistic hero lets daily irritations get the better of him. Now separated from wife Cheryl, Larry is waiting on sick girlfriend Loretta hand and foot, wondering how to end the relationship... The improv is as funny as ever, especially between Larry and best friend Jeff: it'd be a shame if a bout of professionalism ever made them edit out their occasional, poorly disguised corpsing.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X