Wuthering Heights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wuthering Heights

I took a rare break from work to watch this, and it reminded me of what a fantastic book it is. I really must read it again as I don't think I've touched it for about ten years.

Anyway, I thought the adaptation was ok, although a bit confusing at times. As usual the second half of the story with Cathy2 was skipped over, and the main emphasis was on the Cathy1/Heathcliff romance again (as my old English teacher said, there's a reason the book is called "Wuthering Heights" and not "Heathcliff"). Also I thought the characters were all a little too nice: Heathcliff was ok, but Cathy1 was too sweet, Nellie was caring and supportive, Linton too manly and Isabella too spirited. A shame, because the first time I read the book I remember thinking that not one character was likeable, which was kind of what I liked about it.

Anyone else see it?

Wuthering Heights

Yes, and I thought the same as you.

Very confusing at times and I - like yourself - was familair with the book.

If I hadn't been then substantial sections of it would have made little sense at all.

Comment

Wuthering Heights

Radio 4 did a version a few years back which used the house as narrator. It worked well until they managed to cock up the broadcasting of the penultimate episode, which really confused me for a while.

Comment

Working...
      X