Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control

I am positive there was a thread on this - but search couldn't find it.Or I can't use the search function properly.

Anyway it was on Sky Indie last week - and even though I warned my wife it will not be a happy clappy sort of film she agreed to watch it.

Really enjoyed it - and most suprisingly so did my wife - so much in fact she asked me to play some JD the next day.

The dude playing Curtis was , I though spot on.
    I know the actress playing Debbie was much lauded ; but I kept thinking Gail from Corrie. The rest were rent a character; but it all worked.
    Although using a 300 year old version of JCC to play his younger self was a bit suprising.

*****Mild Spoiler******
    I know Atmosphere was coming at a crucial time and I should have guessed when; but that combined with the scene hit me in the guts.

Plus at the start all I could think was "He saw Ziggy and the Pistols - lucky bastard " - but in the end he wasn't.

Anyway it was good because I could blast out lots of Joy Division at home the next day on the old vinyl scratchy thing without being told to take it off.

Control

Debbie appears like Gail from Corrie in real life though.

I enjoyed it, but I wish it would've expanded on the other three members of the band rather than just being another focus on Ian. It was certainly a more accurate portrayal of the band than the Tony Wilson mythologising in 24 hr Party People though, as much as I enjoyed that film too.

Comment

Working...
    X