No announcement yet.

Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care about the Doctor's past. Stop looking back.

Comment

This better not be the fucking Mara

Comment

Meet you halfway with The Rani.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
          I know it's cliche to complain about how they've devalued the weeping angels since their first appearance, but fuck me. They've gone from the most terrifying thing Dr Who has ever had, to something you can dispatch in a 30 second scene by smashing a games console.
          Were they that terrifying the first time they appeared?

They didn't kill, just cast people into the past?

Comment

"Blink" was a properly scary old fashioned Dr Who episode, which was so popular that they felt they had to bring the Weeping Angels back. Then they didn't know what to do with them, in a series a rubbish storylines.

Comment

Re: New Year's Eve Special

SPOILERS BELOW
              SPOILERS BELOW

Loved the Groundhog Day thing, wonderfully executed for the most part....but I don't understand how they didn't "win" once Jeff tricked the two into shooting each other.

Pacing wise, it kind of ruined the rest of the episode. You go from the highest high, to the "let's work together and smash these mo-fos," to the plan all going wrong.

Then it got confusing with the plan they made not being a plan aspect.

The comedy was sharp, (loved the "Ex-Terminated!" line, along with "my friend said 'weirdoes with good hearts are keepers,'") and at least the ending was awesome.

Comment

That was good?

Maybe a bit rushed for time but actually good.

Comment

Doctor Who: Ncuti Gatwa to replace Jodie Whittaker, BBC announces

My teenage children are very excited by this and it will likely draw them back to the show.

Comment

I might give it a go. Hopefully the stories and scripts will improve now that Russell T Davies is back.

Comment

Not seen anything that Gatwa has done, so that'll be something to look forward to. First doctor that RTD has cast that he hasn't worked with before, so that's another good sign too.

Comment

Yeah, I've not seen this 'Sex Education' thing either but it (and he) seems to have had rave reviews. You do need a talented serious actor in the role, because pretending to be a 600-year-old alien who travels through space and time to battle monsters could seem, well, a little silly if played too much as a pantomime.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                          Yeah, I've not seen this 'Sex Education' thing either but it (and he) seems to have had rave reviews. You do need a talented serious actor in the role, because pretending to be a 600-year-old alien who travels through space and time to battle monsters could seem, well, a little silly if played too much as a pantomime.
                          (Which is why Richard Hearne was dropped from the shortlist at the end of the Sixties)

Comment

Mr. Pastry as the Doctor? I'd like to have seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                              Mr. Pastry as the Doctor? I'd like to have seen that.
                              Indeed, he was on the shortlist, along with the "preferred bidder" Ron Moody who was not available

Hearne made it known he wanted to play the part in character, not as an actor playing the Doctor

Comment

https://twitter.com/WillBlackWriter/status/1523717611887992833?t=P6uUa3dXXT_Olp1QR2w8uw&s=19

I've reached the point that when it upsets chickeneyed scum like Grimes then I am unequivocally for the casting decision.

Comment

Grimes hasn't done his research properly - Gatwa is also a war refugee, was formerly homeless, and has a Scottish accent. He very nearly fills an entire "annoy Tory bigots" bingo card.

Comment

I just attempted to explain to my wife why (probably due to nostalgia for the book version I took out from Purley library when an impressionable scamp) The Three Doctors is gold, and got short shrift.

She then wondered if a human shaped alien was really the Doctor's true form, adopted to make we Earth folk feel more at ease. Her exact words were, "In reality he could look like a chair."

I decided discretion was the better part of valour and immediately withdrew to the safety of the kitchen.

Comment

Maybe this is a good time for me to try to get into it.

I thought maybe he was the youngest Doctor, but he’s actually the second youngest behind Matt Smith. 27 vs 30. So Matt Smith is about five years younger than I would have guessed and Gatwa is about five years older than I would have guessed.

Comment

One of the tabloids had a story about David Tennant's Doctor and Donna Noble coming back for a once off episode. This is the same Donna Noble who had to have her memories erased, and would die if she remembered the Doctor.

Comment

New assistant, I might have to start watching again. Hoping some of the 'anti-woke' fuckers actually explode when they see this.

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news-and-fe...octor-who-cast

Comment

An hour to go. I feel that her and the previous never got enough of a go at being the doctor. If you're only doing a couple of episodes a year then every one has to be a banger.

Although, I'd be quite happy to forget about the Doctor being the original immortal, gallifreyan, and the CIA stuff.

Comment

Ugh, I'd forgotten about the Cyber Masters

Comment

This is just exhibit 427 in how there will never be new IP again. Everything needs to be something the audience is familiar with, has seen before.

I know it's a 100th anniversary thing but still.

Comment

I loved that! DAVID FUCKING TENNANT!

Anyone who wants new monsters or villains every single episode to be defeated with slightly different ear shapes or wrinkles on their heads, please fuck off and stick to Star Trek: Airport Lounge or other similarly thinly-vieled xenophobia.
                                                  Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 23-10-2022, 20:16.

Comment

From what I can gather David Tennant will be back but maybe only for three episodes? Something like that? Weird flex, but OK.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X