No announcement yet.

Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An article from Radio Times that is reasonably critical but not just of recent shit stories, also the BBC lack of belief in the show.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi...n-comment/amp/
    Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 21-09-2021, 08:26.

Comment

The BBC Centenary special is being filmed in the little park round the corner from my house. Mrs Thistle saw the TARDIS yesterday when she went to the chemists.

Comment

Late to the party here obvs, but can I just say that the most recent season was absolutely rotten? Thanks.

Comment

Russell T Davies is coming back after Chibnall goes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainme...s-58682472.amp

Comment

I'd rather have Moffat back but just happy to see the back of Chibnall to be honest (although I jumped ship after his first series so the last one might have been amazing for all I know)

Comment

(it was not)

Comment

It was dreadful. Terrible scripts, weak storylines, an overarching plot that made no sense. Whitaker will go down as the most forgettable rubbish doctor ever. I don't think it's her fault though.

Comment

As great as some of Moffat's individual scripts were (he basically wrote the best episode in each of RTD's seasons), I think RTD was a much better show runner overall.

Comment

All I want is stories that are entertaining and make a bit of sense. As others have said, too much of the recent stuff seemed to be complicated for the sake of it.

Comment

Moffat only ever had one theme - people waiting a really long time and getting old while waiting to be reunited with their loved ones. It got boring after a while.

Comment

I keep seeing articles about Russell T Davies's return that all assume he is going to save the show. Makes me wonder if Chris Chibnall feels disheartened by it all. There seems to be an underlying consensus that the Jodie Doctor series have been a failure.

Comment

I must say I stopped watching during Whitakers first run. Not consciously, I just found myself not really watching it anymore and then it’d been on the planner for 18 months, then I deleted it.
                          Not her fault. I was perfectly happy with a female doctor - in fact I thought it was a great idea. But the actual character of her doctor was annoying. They had her trying to be a Northern Matt Smith when we needed something original or at least a more stoic Ecclestone type after Capaldi. But her doctor was not nearly as annoying as always having a team of idiots around her.
                          Firstly, Piper aside I can’t think of a single companion who was already famous who made the show better. Secondly stick to one companion. Two at a push. (For example Rory was a total waste of screen time, despite Arthur Darville being a decent actor.) But binning Pearl Mackie for fucking Bradley Walsh? At least just go with the Ryan character OR the Yasmin character or both if you like but leave Bradley Walsh out of it.
                          Anyway, it’s a children’s programme that has been occasionally thrilling since it came back. But I’ve not really missed it. There’s far better and less trite programmes about for adults and kids.

Comment

I watched all of the last two seasons in a few weeks - had fallen off the Who bandwagon a while back during thingy from TTOI, so we went back to the beginning off the reboot and watched the whole lot, just finished. The last two seasons are the weakest writing, on a consistent basis - I mean, there's plenty of poor episodes and stories in the rest, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                              I keep seeing articles about Russell T Davies's return that all assume he is going to save the show. Makes me wonder if Chris Chibnall feels disheartened by it all. There seems to be an underlying consensus that the Jodie Doctor series have been a failure.
                              Does it need "saving"?

Comment

New season starts on Halloween apparently.

Comment

Well that was confusing, and I still can't understand most of what Jodie Whittaker says, hopefully next week will make sense.

Comment

Does the Doctor like football? I don't see it. I think they'd be a bit sportsball-y

Comment

That was shit. Classic Jodie Doctor script, pacing and plot. As in shit script, shit pacing, shit plot. It felt like a million rubbish cartoons tipped into a skip full of northern-ness and stirred with a cappuccino whisk.

The only good bit was the weeping angel being properly scary again.

Comment

Mary Seacole isn't really a deep historical cut is she? Doctor Who history episodes really just show what people already know.

Also, British and French fighting the Russian's (Sontarans) not just the British.

Comment

Top pointless fact, during the Crimean War, Lord Raglan kept referring to the Russians as "the French", as he had essentially spent his entire active career fighting the French and it essentially got stuck in his mind that they were the enemy.

Comment

They've obviously decided to throw the kitchen sink at it, and hopefully something will stick.

Comment

I quite enjoyed it. Quite, quite bonkers and half the time I didn't know what was going on. For the first time ever I'm thinking of rewatching a Chibnall series after it's finished, just to see how it all fits together.

Comment

I know it's cliche to complain about how they've devalued the weeping angels since their first appearance, but fuck me. They've gone from the most terrifying thing Dr Who has ever had, to something you can dispatch in a 30 second scene by smashing a games console.

Comment

Have I missed him/her but is the Master going to be in this?

Comment

Every other fucking enemy is so presumably.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X