No announcement yet.

Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He'd be very good but I'm still sticking to my hope of the last year or so that they've picked Phoebe Waller-Bridge - especially as she's since become one of the favourites.

Comment

One thing I've hugely enjoyed about the treatment of Bill's sexuality is how unimportant to the plot it's been. It's just part of her character, and no one gives much of a hoot. The same with the Doctor not looking to snog everything that moves.

Comment

I was going to comment on the last episode, but it would've been hard without revealing spoilers.

I'll leave it a week.

Comment

I feel like maybe I must have missed something, because that seemed to be the biggest pile of bullshit in the history of New Who finales, which is saying something.

Comment

Great God in Heaven. What a load of tosh. Whatever happened to "Here's some shonky regeneration FX, this is your new Doctor, see you next series!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
              I feel like maybe I must have missed something, because that seemed to be the biggest pile of bullshit in the history of New Who finales, which is saying something.
              What irked you in particular?

Comment

Mainly Heather being a omnipotent reset button which undid any emotional impact Bill's narrative might have had. But also the conceit of human Bill being visible to the viewer, which was just lazy. And then the Doctor refusing to regenerate and yet still living, because that's a thing now apparently.

Comment

I quite liked it until the final 10/15 minutes but the ending was pretty poor. The deus ex machina to save Bill was almost as bad as the one to save Clara.

Did they bother to explain how The Master and Missy were co-existing or are we meant to just accept it due to the number of times we've had multiple Doctors together? I'm sure on those occasions we were at least given a cursory timey-wimey explanation.

Comment

Did they bother to explain how The Master and Missy were co-existing or are we meant to just accept it due to the number of times we've had multiple Doctors together? I'm sure on those occasions we were at least given a cursory timey-wimey explanation.[/QUOTE]

They've been plenty of explanations on why multiple Doctor's are together though none that spring to mind on how. Interestingly in a 5th Doctor story 'Madwyn Undead' there's a force called the Blinovitch Limitation Effect which causes a huge explosion when two incarnations touch each other. This happens in this story when two versions of the Brigader touch each other. Obviously doesn't count for the Master.

Comment

I've loved this series so much but it's been so bittersweet. Peter Capaldi has been my favourite Doctor of rebooted Who by far and I am really going to miss him. He's been freakin' awesome.

Comment

The new Doctor to be announced on Sunday evening, after the Wimbledon men's final strangely enough.

I don't think this had been hinted at previously and seems an odd choice of timing, perhaps it's been moved up due to the seeming slip from Phoebe Waller-Bridge last week?

Comment

Originally posted by Serge Gainsbourg View Post
                          I was going to comment on the last episode, but it would've been hard without revealing spoilers.

I'll leave it a week.
                          Well, I've left it two.

I knew Bill would finally get together with the water-girl. There was something that was said in the first episode (I can't remember now), which made me think that's how its going to end.

And, also, congratulations to Jodie Whittaker.

Comment

Broflakes all over the Internet are currently losing their shit over this. It appears that a fictional, time-travelling alien in a box simply must have a penis, or the world will end.

Comment

She'd best avoid social media for the rest of her life, I suspect.

Comment

It's a children's TV show...

Comment

So, it's OK for the TARDIS to be a woman but not The Doctor. Righto.

Comment

This is fine. A female Doctor has been mooted, semi-seriously or otherwise, every time he (or, as we'll now have to write forever more, he/she) has changed from at least Davison onwards. Now they've gone and taken the plunge at last, nothing wrong with Jodie Whittaker. Not the greatest actress in the world, certainly not the worst, a much more interesting choice than many would have been, and I like her. Can't argue too much with that. And if it brings a whole new demographic to the watching audience, more power to her elbow. If another demographic indeed spits its dummy and stops watching, still more power to her.

Comment

I was hoping for Julian Barnes, author of Talking it Over, Arthur and George and Sense of an Ending to be given the nod. Really, no other candidate will bring to the role what Barnes could.
                                      A bitter day.

Comment

Martin Amis for me. Although it might get a bit tedious when every episode involves travelling back in time to Stalin's great purges

Comment

The nuclear option would be a laugh. She gets fatally wounded at the end of the Christmas special and regenerates into Kris Marshall.

Comment

The next time they do this they really should turn it into one of those shows where judges and the public decide the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                              The next time they do this they really should turn it into one of those shows where judges and the public decide the winner.
                                              Some things are just too important to let people vote on.

We'd probably end up with Nigel Farage as the Brexit Doctor.

Comment

The best comment I saw on Twitter is that a female Doctor will probably keep getting mistaken for a Nurse.

Comment

I got texted by someone who works for Radio Wales asking me to phone in for their phone in about the new doctor phone, as I was a "genuine fan" and "articulate". I told them I'm not really a fan any more and hmgjbrrflrrbuuduu

Comment

Originally posted by mirko bolesan View Post
                                                    Some things are just too important to let people vote on.

We'd probably end up with Nigel Farage as the Brexit Doctor.
                                                    Jacob Rees-Mogg, shurely?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X