Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who?

You've got the classic Eccleston-with-one-too-many-'e's as well. Everyone does that.

Good article, though!

Comment

Who?

Aiiieeeeeee!

Comment

Who?

Death by a thousand cuts, eh Carcass?

Comment

Who?

I'm manning the ship on my own today. Not that my subbing job would have been any better if Luke was here I guess.

Comment

Who?

Not a bad effort tonight, I thought. Some nicely poignant character stuff early on, and for sheer chutzpah, that finale was hard to beat. I see Murray Gold has further submerged the theme tune beneath suffocating layers of his own excressions and it is now actually becoming hard to recognise.

Comment

Who?

Just more RTD shit, really. It's just that on Christmas Day, RTD shit sort of works OK. Different demands, different mood, different expectations. Fucking ludicrous though, and trashy as all hell.

Comment

Who?

Really enjoyed it. Fun, entertaining & a good story. A huge improvement on last year. Mind you the fact there was no Kylie wooden "acting" this year helped. Surely the worst guest actor in Who history ?

Comment

Who?

With nearly every Who show there's always this opening 'uh-oh' element, where the breathless helter-skelter pace in the first five minutes (Victorian London! David Morrisey! Hairy Cyberthing! Shooting up walls on ropes!) always feels that the whole thing's going to collapse in on itself and be completely shit. But it always settles down a bit and you get used to the silliness.

So, that said, it was pretty good fun and managed to be lively viewing. Special kudos goes to Dervala Kirwan for her impressively seductive villainy, looking as if she was enjoying herself hugely in the process.

And as Mumpo asserts, Murray Gold shits on everything once more, plonking Hurry-Murray music into every fucking corner of the production where a little quiet would have helped. Intrusive as a fart in a lift, the National Orchestra of Wales spreads Gold's music around like too much garlic cheese, just spoiling every conceivable moment.

Fuck sakes, you can even pay to get into the Albert Hall and listen to a concert of that shit.

Comment

Who?

Sort of enjoyed it, but can anyone tell me what those 'HairyCyberThings' were supposed to be?

Glad Morrissey isn't the new doctor anyway, didn't rate his shouty acting too much. It seems to be a doctor these days you need good shouty acting. Brian Blessed maybe, saw him on HIGNFY doing shouty.

Comment

Who?

axel wrote:
                      Sort of enjoyed it, but can anyone tell me what those 'HairyCyberThings' were supposed to be?
                      They didn't really serve much of a purpose, but I daresay they have merchandising opportunities.

Glad Morrissey isn't the new doctor anyway, didn't rate his shouty acting too much. It seems to be a doctor these days you need good shouty acting. Brian Blessed maybe, saw him on HIGNFY doing shouty.
                      I liked Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan, in fact the casting was absolutely spot on. In all, it was typical RTD fare. It had a lot of promise - the first half, I thought was excellent, but the ending *had* to be grandiose and epic and therefore, not really work and well, be a bit shit (a hot air balloon, ffs), and everyone had to live happilly ever after. Even the rescued kids appeared to not be off to the workhouse (and if they weren't workhouse kids, why not, they would have been easier to recruit that way).

Still, only three to go before the Moff takes over.

Comment

Who?

Peep Show fans rejoice, the latest rumour is that 'Johnson' will be the next Dr. Who!

Comment

Who?

I've just watched all of s5 of peepshow tonight. "Peep Show fans rejoice, the latest rumour is that 'Johnson' will be the next Dr. Who!"

Dear God no!

Comment

Who?

Johnson ?

Comment

Who?

Dear God no!

That's rumour, not news.

Comment

Who?

Patterson Joseph, Mr Smith.

What happened to Colin Salmon being a stick on for the part?

Comment

Who?

Colin Salmon is strange because every time he speaks, his voice has this flat, dimensionless tone to it, and, to be honest, I've heard the speaking clock convey more feeling. Presence? Surely, but he's got one of the most featureless voices I've ever heard.

Comment

Who?

Ah come on, if anyone from Peep Show becomes Doctor Who, it has to be Matt King, Super Hans.

Comment

Who?

Doctor Who Confidential, BBC1, Sat 3rd January, 17:35

The Ten Doctors

"It has been 45 years since the TARDIS first landed on BBC1. Join us as we look at the lives of the ten Doctors, their most heroic moments and terrifying adventures, as well as the monsters, costumes and companions which have defined them."

And at the end of all that, they're announcing who's been cast as eleven.

Apparrently...

"The news will come in a special edition of tie-in documentary series Doctor Who Confidential, which is being transmitted on BBC One tomorrow evening at 5.35pm. The episode will also be shown at the same time on BBC Big Screens in town centres across the UK."

Comment

Who?

I have heard who it is likly to be - should i post or not???

Comment

Who?

I've heard rumours about everyone from James Nesbit (whio I think would be brilliant) to Catherine Zeta-Jones (which would be ... interesting).

Comment

Who?

Sean Pertwee's got to be in the frame, as well. Although if they're going to go back to Pertwee retro, they have to bring the Master back as the main villain, and reinvent the Brigadier.

Comment

Who?

So, Matt Smith, then. Was that who you'd had the tip-off about, battylad?

Comment

Who?

I've never heard of this bloke, but then I don't really watch telly.

First thought, for about two seconds: fuck me, it's You Are The Ref / Alessandro Nesta Marley off OTF! Now that would have been cool. But it wasn't. Second thought, on closer inspection: this guy doesn't seem that bad, considering he sounds like a bit of a Jamie Oliver-style posho Mockney dick. Has anyone seen him act? The clips they showed didn't tell you much.

I'd have preferred an older Doctor, and worry that his youth will allow more and more I-wuv-u-Doctor silliness from sundry companions and so on, although he's not as much of a dish as DT. Naturally, I worry that he'll lack gravitas, and the knock-on is concern that the hoped-for heavy stories of the Moff era may not be quite as heavy as some of us would have liked... one-liners and sitcom moments loom. But who knows, perhaps this fellow has the presence and weight (not literally) of Orson Welles at the same age, or maybe everything will just somehow, y'know... work.

Third thought: I'm never going to get the part now, am I? I knew I shouldn't have given up those acting lessons when I was 12.

Comment

Who?

I'd actually really been working myself up to expecting Patterson Joseph to get the gig, and now I'm a bit disconsolate that it isn't him. Not that 'this guy' (and that's what everyone will be calling him for a while yet) isn't capable of delivering the goods, of course.

Mad Larry will be livid.

Comment

Who?

It goes without saying, it goes without saying.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X