No announcement yet.

Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only managed 15 minutes on the first one. The geezer playing the doctor seems pretty good, but talking babies? Fuck off.

Comment

"Geezer"? The Doctor's not meant to be Phil Mitchell. Although that could be a new direction for the character. "CYBERMEN, ARE YA? SLAGS. I SHIT HARDER THAN YOU BEFORE BREAKFAST!"

Comment

That ginger wig was impressive

Comment

Watched the first new one and I quite enjoyed it, the TARDIS two have a good chemistry, and so what if it was a silly, silly plot. It's Doctor Who.

More importantly, my son watched it and was transfixed. Dinosaurs, a fast moving story, the Bogeyman reveal, it all plugged straight into his 10 year old brain and that it was it is all about at the end of the day.

Although the Doctor destroying an entire timeline by reviving the butterfly was handwaved.

10 bonus points for The Rani namedrop.

Comment

Lots of men on the internet are angry about a TV show depicting a shape-shifting time lord.

(Not here, obvs. The usual lot.)

Comment

To be fair Tobes, they'd only just got over their entire lives being ruined by the existence of a female Doctor. (Possibly in real life as well as on TV.)

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                I only managed 15 minutes on the first one. The geezer playing the doctor seems pretty good, but talking babies? Fuck off.
                I read this description of the pilot from The Guardian review: "With snot monsters, a spaceship powered by nappies..." and had much the same reaction. I love the show and am a fan of RTD but there is no fucking way I'm watching that.

Comment

Watched the first new episode. It was weird but worked for me in a kind of "yes, there's going to be very weird stuff out in the universe". The dilemma of "you cant turn off the baby machines" / no more funding for the station bureaucratic clash made me go hmmm. The refugee comment was pointed as well.

Really not sure what Ncuti Gatwa's accent was meant to be. Bit Brizzle the way he said Taarrrrdis. And feel a bit ho hum about Ruby's origins being the series arc. I wonder if the Rani name drop was because we will later find out Ruby is the Rani's offspring.

Comment

I might just go back to watching Genesis of the Daleks

Comment

They need to decide whether he's meant to be the Doctor or Willy Wonka. I hope we've seen the last of the pound-shop Dame Edna, anyway.

They've done "Let's Kill Hitler"; how about "Let's Thaw Disney"?

Comment

Oh great... a musical number... we haven't had enough of those

Comment

Russell T Davies clearly wants to write a musical. Someone should let him.

Anyway, I wasn't impressed with the two most recent episodes. In fact, the only good story since Davies took over again has been Wild Blue Yonder. That was proper scary.

Comment

That was a lot more like it.

Comment

Yeah, 'Boom' was much better. Lots of throwaway ideas, like all the better Moffat scripts. He was aiming for profound at the end and fell slightly short.

Comment

I'm reminded of the theme song to MST3K (If you're wondering how he eats and breathes...) but I still don't get how the butterfly gag works beyond being a demonstration of that Disney money.

First one wasn't terrible, wasn't amazing, relied on a misspelling of a fairytale monster? The Raymond Briggs character works because it's a play in words doesn't it? Not enough family in it either.

2. I don't like it when Who gets too metaphysical, when it breaks the fourth wall so clearly. It didn't even feel weird.

3. Not too much to complain about. I'm worried that we're going to see the dead people again.

Comment

Working...
                                X