Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who?

It was so a parallel world, the doctor even specifically said so towards the end.

Comment

Who?

So how did real world Donna know how to pass on the message that parallel world Rose gave parallel world Donna?

Comment

Who?

See! That wasn't one of the better episodes as the whole thing was far too confusing. The casual viewer, who may not have seen all the episodes referenced, would also have no idea what was going on.

Comment

Who?

I wondered about how and why Donna would remember anything of the episode too, IVT, but apparently she can.

I watched City of Death yesterday - one of the Douglas Adams co-written efforts from the Tom Baker days. The plot is pretty much the same as Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. Which just interested me, slightly. Carry on.

Comment

Who?

Ever watched Shada?

Comment

Who?

No, is there any point? How much of it did they make?

Comment

Who?

They completed the location work (in Cambridge) and one of the three studio sessions. The only reasons for watching it would be a. if you enjoyed the rest of season 17 (but don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as City Of Death) and b. if you're interested in Doctor Who stories that had their plot lifted by Douglas Adams for Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (which you clearly are).

Oh, and against immense competition, it features for my money the campest villain ever to feature in the classic series.

Comment

Who?

coughcoughcoughHarrisonChasecoughcough

Comment

Who?

Well, if Harrison Chase had also minced flambouyantly around Cambridge in a silver cape and fedora, he might have stolen it.

Comment

Who?

Okay, I might have a gander at some point.

Comment

Who?

Harrison Chase was far too busy playing in his green cathedral to mess about with Beginner's Camp Villain stuff like capes.

Comment

Who?

Just seen this. I disliked it less than most of you, and I thought it had some genuinely chilling bits. The main negative, for my money, was a mounting sense of dread about what the bugger intends to follow this with.

Comment

Who?

Call me naive, bit I have just the tiniest inkling that RTD's climactic gush might not be too unpalatable. The one thing he has managed to do with some consistency (and I say this as someone who thinks that the problems with Last Of The Time Lords lay with the story's production, rather than the plot and narrative) is pull off decent series finales, and I reckon this one might' like the German national football team, pull out the stops at the crucial moment.

Comment

Who?

Ooh, bring it on!

I've not even got the girls this weekend but I'm as excited by this as a kitten presented with a box with two table tennis balls inside it.

Comment

Who?

"Exterminate!"

Comment

Who?

wowee - it was hit in our house with Master Porbillas, Little Miss Porbillas and even grandma Porbillas glued to the telly.

Comment

Who?

Are we having a sweepstake on who the new doctor will be?

Comment

Who?

That was a really awful first fifteen minutes. Horrible, shouty, macho, info-dumping fanwank.

Then it became pretty good, largely thanks to an excellent performance by the bloke playing Davros.

And then they chuck in a hand grenade with a fantastic cliffhanger.

Comment

Who?

I really enjoyed the first half hour or so. All over the place, but in a good way. It was only when the Harriet Jones sequence kicked in that it lost momentum - a pretty clumsy way of uniting the various strands. After that, it was back on the rollercoaster. Agreed, Julian Bleach's performance was of the very highest calibre and, coupled with an equally extraordinary prosthetic job, killed off any fears of a Molloy-esque travesty. It would be criminal if he doesn't get at least half an hour of screen time next week, especially if it's at the expense of overwrought emotinal histrionics between the Doctor and his perishing companions.

And the cliffhanger... what a cliffhanger. What a cliffhanger. At least, it would be, if the ghost of the great Russell Davies Reset Switch wasn't hanging heavily over it. Would he? I don't know... for the reset to happen the regeneration has to be completed and someone has to emerge from the fireworks. Could that really be it for David Tennant? Could even the official BBC press releases mentioning his participation in the Christmas and 2009 specials be part of an almighty ruse?

For my money, and let's speculate here, the regeneration will be suspended a split-second before it becomes irrevocable and the fate of Doctor ten will be saved. But let's see.

Comment

Who?

They'll wangle out of it, there's no way they'd have been able to keep a mid-season change of doctor under wraps. Tennant has already been filming the Christmas special.

Comment

Who?

Without giving too much away, like.

Comment

Who?

They would only be able to keep a mid-season change of doctor under wraps if he regenerated towards the end of the season, and all his subsequent scenes were on set, rather than on location.

But this is RTD, who could easily have kept the last change underwraps, but decided to announce it after the first Ecclestone episode, which deflated, rather than excited.

Comment

Who?

Purves Grundy posted 08-04-2008 14:36

Still no mention of the fact that Richard Dawkins will be making a cameo appearance as himself later this series?

Il Visionario Tecnico posted 10-04-2008 17:44

It'll be like all the other cameos. It'll be in the last two episodes, and he'll be on the news talking about whatever invasion it is this time, and then again after the Doctor presses the reset button that saves the world.

King Mob posted 10-04-2008 22:24

I'm not so sure, this time. I reckon he might be more integral to the plot.
                                                King Mob, what were you thinking? Almost as integral as Paul O'Grady's dog.

Comment

Who?

And I'm going to call at least three reset switches, Donna not dying and The Doctor and Rose disappearing off into the sunset.

Comment

Who?

A hit with us too, young BL was the most scared seeing Davros that I can recall him being for a while - Still think there will be a twist, can't see anyway there will be a new doctor, but I kinda hope that there is - managed to avoid the frustrating bit at the end that always shows next weeks show, so will have a week of wondering...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X