• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Star Wars pics

Obviously, mainly for the Princess Leia pics

Cool Star Wars pics

They're good fun.

Do we get to see Chewbacca's family in any of the films? (I'm not a Starkie).

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

See, I never could understand those kind of ropes. You can't get a grip and if you twirl it around your hand you'd be in bloody pain, that's why Spiderman and Batman never were very realistic to me

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

erwin wrote:
        They're good fun.

Apparently, around Christmas 1978, George Lucas filmed a sequence where we saw Chewbacca's family. I think it was as part of a Disney special.
        Its gone down in Star Wars history as have only being shown the once.
        I am 8 years old and do not like girls. I am a Starkie.

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

Without reading or googling, I'm going to have to bet on (l to r) Han Solo, Chewbacca, Leia, C3PO, and Luke. I can't figure out who the little guy played. R2D2 or Jawa ?

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

And yes, I'd pay to see the real C3PO and real R2D2 do their "it's all your fault" routine in the flesh. Just like they're dressed in those 70s duds.

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

Simon wrote:
              erwin wrote:
              They're good fun.

Apparently, around Christmas 1978, George Lucas filmed a sequence where we saw Chewbacca's family. I think it was as part of a Disney special.
              Its gone down in Star Wars history as have only being shown the once.
              I am 8 years old and do not like girls. I am a Starkie.
              Watch it all on Youtube. Not being a Starkie myself, I haven't watched this although Bea Arthur (RIP) turns up in it at some point.

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

jason vorhees wrote:

I'm going to have to bet on (l to r) Han Solo, Chewbacca, Leia, C3PO, and Luke. I can't figure out who the little guy played. R2D2 or Jawa?
                Er ... isn't the tall bloke at the back David Prowse (Darth Vader and Green Cross Man)?

(Oh, and the bloke on the left is a young George Bush, obviously)

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

did you know him erwin? he lived in bracknell until he was famous

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

Has anyone seen the new Robot Chicken Star Wars special? The first one was excellent.

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

No, rick, can't say that I ever saw him there.

(Why would anyone want to leave Brackers!? Even if you are famous.)

(Edit: Can anyone help me get rid of those bloody scroll bars - they're driving me up the wall.)

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

That picture tells me two things:-

1). 70s Harrison Ford is terribly handsome.

2). Carrie Fisher must have stood on a box for most of her scenes. No wonder she married Paul Simon, he was the only bloke who could kiss her without having back spasms through all the bending down.

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

Chebacca is a pervert. And dammit, Carrie Fisher was very, very goodlooking.

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

As Eggchaser said, she's either standing on a box in that one or Chewie's kneeling.

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

It's no mean feat to stand next to a dwarf and still look titchy.

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

That's a really misleading photo. According to the surely trustworthy website www.celebheights.com, the actors' heights are:

Kenny Baker 3'8"
                                Carrie Fisher 5'1"
                                Mark Hamill 5'7"
                                Harrison Ford 6'1"
                                David Prowse 6'6"
                                Peter Mayhew 7'0"

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

Actually, it's not really misleading. David Prowse is just slouching.

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

I tried to look at the link at the top at work, and it came back with a page saying. Net Nanny has stopped this operation, page contains "Violence".

Damn it. Couldn't they have called the films "star friends" or something.....

Fecking IT

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

See, I never could understand those kind of ropes. You can't get a grip and if you twirl it around your hand you'd be in bloody pain, that's why Spiderman and Batman never were very realistic to me
                                      Spiderman used webbing. "never..realistic" my arse

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

http://www.taffwars.com/videos_taffwars.php

Taff Wars. Not work safe. May leave Americans and Mainland Europeans a bit bewildered.

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

http://blogs.amctv.com/scifi-scanner/2009/08/bad-designs-in-star-wars.php

I'll come right out and say it: Star Wars has a badly-designed universe; so poorly-designed, in fact, that one can say that a significant goal of all those Star Wars novels is to rationalize and mitigate the bad design choices of the movies. Need examples? Here's ten.

R2-D2
                                          Sure, he's cute, but the flaws in his design are obvious the first time he approaches anything but the shallowest of stairs. Also: He has jets, a periscope, a taser and oil canisters to make enforcer droids fall about in slapsticky fashion -- and no voice synthesizer. Imagine that design conversation: "Yes, we can afford slapstick oil and tasers, but we'll never get a 30-cent voice chip past accounting. That's just madness."

C-3PO
                                          Can't fully extend his arms; has a bunch of exposed wiring in his abs; walks and runs as if he has the droid equivalent of arthritis. And you say, well, he was put together by an eight-year-old. Yes, but a trip to the nearest Radio Shack would fix that. Also, I'm still waiting to hear the rationale for making a protocol droid a shrieking coward, aside from George Lucas rummaging through a box of offensive stereotypes (which he'd later return to while building Jar-Jar Binks) and picking out the "mincing gay man" module.

Lightsabers
                                          Yes, I know, I want one too. But I tell you what: I want one with a hand guard. Otherwise every lightsaber battle would consist of sabers clashing and then their owners sliding as quickly as possible down the shaft to lop off their opponent's fingers. You say: Lightsabers can slice through anything but another lightsaber, so what are you going to make a hand guard out of? I say: Dude, if you have the technology to make a lightsaber, you have the technology to make a light hand guard.

Blasters
                                          A tactical nightmare: They're incredibly loud, especially for firing what are essentially light beams. The fire ordnance is so slow it can be dodged, and it comes out as a streak of light that reveals your position to your enemies. Let's not even go near the idea of light beams being slow enough to dodge; that's just something you have let go of, or risk insanity.

Landspeeders and other flying vehicles
                                          Here's the thing: In the Star Wars universe, there are no seatbelts. And maybe if you're flying your hoity-toity vehicle on Coruscant, you have, like, a force field that keeps you flying out of your seat. But Luke's X-34 speeder on Tatooine? The Yugo of speeders, man. One hard stop, and out you go.

Stormtrooper Uniforms
                                          They stand out like a sore thumb in every environment but snow, the helmets restrict view ("I can't see a thing in this helmet!" -- Luke Skywalker), and the armor is penetrable by single shots from blasters. Add it all up and you have to wonder why stormtroopers don't just walk around naked, save for blinders and flip-flops.

Death Star
                                          An unshielded exhaust port leading directly to the central reactor? Really? And when you rebuild it, your solution to this problem is four paths into the central core so large that you can literally fly a spaceship through them? Brilliant. Note to the Emperor: Someone on your Death Star design staff is in the pay of Rebel forces. Oh, right, you can't get the memo because someone threw you down a huge exposed shaft in your Death Star throne room.

Bad design in Star Wars is not just limited to stuff; evolution here seems wacky, too. Three choice bits:

Sarlaac
                                          A monstrous yet immobile creature who lives in an exposed pit in the middle of a lifeless desert, waiting for large animals to apparently feel suicidal and trek out to throw themselves in? Yeah, not so much. Not every Sarlaac can count on an intergalactic mob boss to feed it tidbits.

That Asteroid Worm Thing in Empire Strikes Back
                                          So, large space worm lives in asteroid, disguises itself as a cave and waits for unwary spaceships to fly by so it can eat them? Makes the Sarlaac look like a marvel of natural selection, it does.

Midi-Chlorians
                                          Oh, man, don't get me started. Except to say this: If in fact a high concentration of midi-chlorians is the difference between being a common schmoe and being a dude who can Force Choke his enemies, the black market in midi-chlorian injections must be amazing.

Star Trek fans, don't get smug: I'm going after it next.

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

Merely continuing what Kevin Smith and his Clerks started 15 years ago.

Funny article, but a touch slanderous (even if it was a not-serious joke) as Lucas based C3PO on the guy second from the right, and not as a way to bash gays.

I was going to go with Vader before on that pic, but I was wondering if they were corralling the good guys in that pic.

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

A mate of mine once had lunch (professionally) with Anthony Daniels. The actor gave him his business card upon leaving -- it had a silhouette of C3PO on it. This was probably fifteen years after his last Star wars film. Meh!

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

I would do exactly the same.

How many of us are genuinely going to do anything as iconic or long-lasting as being C3PO?

I prefer that to the "We aren't playing out Greatest Hits" or "Don't talk to me about "

Comment

Cool Star Wars pics

You want Carrie Fisher...

http://9.media.tumblr.com/pU1p3ehaPny1cmvwAUZqDkoSo1_500.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                                  X