TV shows you thought were already dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listening to the Graun's media podcast, I learned that Taggart may not be recommissioned. Which was news to me, as I assumed it had stopped being aired years ago. Which show you how much ITV I watch.

Please don't tell me Last Of The Summer Wine is still on.

Comment

Apparently, Big Brother is still running.

Comment

Holy shit, I've just checked and Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps is still getting made.

Comment

Heartbeat is finishing after eighteen series.

Eighteen.

Comment

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
            Still going strong. It seems to have become a retirement home for quite a few old tv regulars. The current cast includes Burt Kwouk, Russ Abbott, Hilda Ogden from Coronation St and George from George & Mildred. I can see people like Martin Clunes, Shane Ritchie and most of the cast of Two Pints of Lager appearing in it in about 30 years time.

Comment

Screenwipe.

Thought with his Channel 4 show that would be it for it, but apparently not (unless it's a repeat of course, in which case carry on).

Comment

Yes, it is being repeated. Only 20 minutes after YHBW finished, there it was on BBC4. Still funny, too.

I was gob-smacked when flicking through channels on the weekend to find that they'd done First Of The Summer Wine. Not content to stretch out time to vast oceans of eternity with the ever-continuing adventures of crumbly old people doing banal, unfunny things in rural settings (with people like Bryan Murphy, Burt Kwouk and Trevor 'You Have Been Served' Bannister creaking their limbs in recent episodes, it's like watching an old actors' retirement home but without nurses), we've now got the adventures of the buggers before adulthood, which may mean a future where television will be a floating image on the ether, showing episodes of The Very Last Microbes of Fermented Grape In The Period That Was Previously Summer, starring Compodroid R367, Foggotron and Cleggbot 3000.

Comment

Johanista wrote:
                  Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                  Still going strong. It seems to have become a retirement home for quite a few old tv regulars. The current cast includes ... Russ Abbott...
                  Christ, I remember when he was a young and upcoming comedian...

Comment

The Screenwipe that's on at the moment is a repeat.

Comment

Cavalry Trouser Tips wrote:
                      Holy shit, I've just checked and Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps is still getting made.
                      I think it's in its death throes, though. A life after death on Dave/Watch/Gold awaits.

Comment

I was gob-smacked when flicking through channels on the weekend to find that they'd done First Of The Summer Wine. Not content to stretch out time to vast oceans of eternity with the ever-continuing adventures of crumbly old people doing banal, unfunny things in rural settings (with people like Bryan Murphy, Burt Kwouk and Trevor 'You Have Been Served' Bannister creaking their limbs in recent episodes, it's like watching an old actors' retirement home but without nurses), we've now got the adventures of the buggers before adulthood, which may mean a future where television will be a floating image on the ether, showing episodes of The Very Last Microbes of Fermented Grape In The Period That Was Previously Summer, starring Compodroid R367, Foggotron and Cleggbot 3000.
                        That was made like twenty years ago, Grandad. Get down the hill in your bath.

Comment

My housemate has just compared Last Of The Summer Wine to Beckett.
                          I think it's hoary old shit.
                          Is he right?

Comment

Is your housemate a stoned student?

Comment

Ah, the golden era of 'Last of the summer wine', with each episode seemingly ending with Compo hurtling down the hill in a bath on wheels.

Inevitably, that guy who was the mechanic would have to come and pull them out of a ditch with his Land Rover.

Good call on 'Two pints....Bloody awful show that it is.

Comment

He's not, as it goes.

Comment

That was made like twenty years ago, Grandad. Get down the hill in your bath.

Cheeky young whelp. It's lawless juveniles like you, stealing supermarket trolleys and nicking jars of Bovril off shelves that's running this country into the ground. Bring back the larch, that's what I say.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                    X