The Football League Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Football League Show

What really fucks me off are Manish et al imploring us to text and email our thoughts. No, fuck off....you had your chance with 606. And why is it MotD doesn't ask for any of that shite but because this is football league we get treated like overexcited five year olds.

Comment

The Football League Show

was it just my freeview box, or did they show the teams for the ipswich match for aaages whilst the commentary for the game was played and no action could be seen?

Comment

The Football League Show

Good to see they've decided to go with one panellist even if it is shakin' Steven, but there is still more detritus that could be weeded out.
        Most obvious thing to go is the texts, the last thing we need to hear is the pitiful mewlings of dim-witted morons just back from the pub. And the vox-pops and chit chat with Mark Clampitt is a waste of time. The show has to get in the highlights of 30 odd games, as much of the show as possible should be dedicated to showing them.

Comment

The Football League Show

Is that David Mitchell on the programme tonight?

Comment

The Football League Show

Why does Lizzie in the box-room insist on talking like she's presenting Live and Kicking.
            "and don't forget to put your team name in the subject bar."

Comment

The Football League Show

It's one in the fucking morning and I have to sit through texts and emails from a bunch of gobshites before watching Southampton-Charlton.

Comment

The Football League Show

I'm not sure if I can manage to summon up the energy to stay up and watch our inability to score against Morecambe...

Comment

The Football League Show

steaua power wrote:
                  It's one in the fucking morning and I have to sit through texts and emails from a bunch of gobshites before watching Southampton-Charlton.
                  That's the price of being in Div.3, spare a thought for Grimsby & Hereford fans?

Anyway it's all available online or repeated tomorrow am, or you can even record it!

Comment

The Football League Show

Good old Clampitt, can't even get his east and west in the right direction.

Comment

The Football League Show

You can't fault the incisiveness of Claridge's punditry. "We saw the best of the game in the highlights there".

Comment

The Football League Show

Oh fuck it. It's Chappers. I'd be surprised if he has even the remotest clue what goes on outside the top four of the Prem.

Comment

The Football League Show

Sean of the Shed wrote:
                          Good old Clampitt, can't even get his east and west in the right direction.
                          Speaking of which, Clements turned up in this old episode of the Adam and Joe Show:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-adam-and-joe-show/4od#2922599

About 18 minutes in, as part of a segment about aspiring television presenters.

Comment

The Football League Show

This sounds like good news.

Comment

The Football League Show

Ah, good. It seems to indicate that I can pick up the Yorkshire one on iPlayer.

Comment

The Football League Show

This does indeed seem like good news. The regional football league show on ITV has been missed - even if that immense twat Peter Beagrie was a regular feature.

Comment

The Football League Show

Gangster Octopus wrote:
                                  Ah, good. It seems to indicate that I can pick up the Yorkshire one on iPlayer.
                                  Don't get too excited GO, it will doubtless be dominated by Leeds coverage...

Comment

The Football League Show

This does indeed seem like good news. The regional football league show on ITV has been missed - even if that immense twat Peter Beagrie was a regular feature.

The ITV West Midlands region's show had Stan Collymore as a regular pundit, was chaired by Nick Hancock and had the most tackiest, eye-offending 'dressing room' set in existence. It was if all the elements had been put together by a hateful cunt.

Comment

The Football League Show

Just watched the Yorkshire & Lincolnshire version of Late Kick Off. Not too bad. a little on Alfie. I thought it was doing so well in the Leeds department until the last five minutes...

Comment

The Football League Show

ian.64 wrote:

The ITV West Midlands region's show had Stan Collymore as a regular pundit, was chaired by Nick Hancock and had the most tackiest, eye-offending 'dressing room' set in existence. It was if all the elements had been put together by a hateful cunt.
                                        According to Jon, they were interviewing Coventry players in the park over the road from my flat here in Leamington.

Comment

The Football League Show

According to Jon, they were interviewing Coventry players in the park over the road from my flat here in Leamington.

Jon was correct. Sammy Clingan (nice enough lad) was trudging around in the snow with BBC correspondent Ian Winter in the Manish Bhasin-presented Midlands edition of LKO, which was pretty much Football League Show in bite-size form but without the underground SMERSH HQ set. Bhasin had Robbie Savage and Darren Moore as his guest pundits and, all-in-all, was a predictably safe half-hour review with no particular insights apart from the obvious. Pretty harmless stuff, yet a likeably cosy end to a Monday.

I particularly remember Ian Winter as I, along with a contingent of my fellow West Brom supporters who compiled the long-defunct fanzine Fingerpost, met the then chief Radio WM footie correspondent in a rare executive box stint during a game against Huddersfield at the turn of the 90's. He had a copy of the then current fanzine which he, at some point in a conversation, produced, reading passages from a highly critical article about Radio WM sports presenters whom we felt, at that time, gave our club short and disrespectful shrift. He read it out loud descriptions such as 'slime' with a jovial, mock-outraged air as we all felt a kind of strange embarrassment tinged with excitement while the targets of that critique had finally received their in-print due. These admonishing remarks, if I remember rightly, were also read out on the station a few days after, not without criticism of the prose and author themselves.

The author of that article (who shall remain nameless) seated next to Mr. Winter as he read the piece, kept schtum throughout.

Comment

The Football League Show

For some reason, someone has decided that Matt Holland is the man to host the East version. I would imagine this is a controversial selection in some parts of the region, with Holland being something of an Ipswich legend.

I watched it on iplayer last night. The solid beech desk upon which my monitor is perched suddenly took on a distinctly MDF quality in such close proximity to the woodenness of Matty's delivery.

Among the guests was Bryan Gunn, his invite representing a cruel twist given that the main game was Colchester v Norwich, the reverse of the opening-day fixture that led to Gunn's dismissal. Holland stopped short of asking him just how rubbish a manager he must have been in the light of the 11-goal swing, but the question hung unasked in the air.

The other guest was Paul Ince. "Nice to see your boys up there," said Holland. "No it fucking isn't," replied the watching dozens.

Comment

The Football League Show

ian.64 wrote:
                                              The ITV West Midlands region's show had Stan Collymore as a regular pundit, was chaired by Nick Hancock and had the most tackiest, eye-offending 'dressing room' set in existence. It was if all the elements had been put together by a hateful cunt.[/quote]
                                              What happened to Hancock - has he been ill? He used to be on every programme going, now he's virtually disappeared. Not that I'm complaining.

Comment

The Football League Show

He left telly for a bit to work for a mortgage broker, for some reason, then came back to do a short-lived fishing show for 5 Live and a couple of daytime ITV things.

Comment

The Football League Show

He's also doing Morrison's ads, which is why the remote control continues to be the world's greatest invention.

Comment

The Football League Show

Beware. LKO also invites text messages from the public. Interactivity, in its most dreaded form, rears its ugly head again.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X