DVD Bargains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Bargains

I bought the Cassavetes set, and also got a Jean Pierre Melville box set for £15 and Hitchcock for £17

Comment

DVD Bargains

They all sound fantastic. I didn't know there were two version so TKOACB. I guess the other one is where the Chinese bookie keeps coming back, Terminator style, and he has to crush him in a pneumatic industrial press?

I really love the Melville film about the priest, staring Jean-Paul Belmondo. One of the truly great examples of casting against type.

Comment

DVD Bargains

Melville here on Amazon

ON the same page Rohmer Godard and Chabrol.

And yes Léon Morin, Prêtre is on it.

Senses of Cinema is a great great cinema website by the way

Comment

DVD Bargains

Thanks for the Cassavetes box set tip, although it's far from a complete set of his films. It's also worth pointing out that the same set is around $100 on Amazon.com.

Comment

DVD Bargains

With rather serendipitous timing, LoveFilm have just launched their streaming service. I'll check it out this evening and report back.

Edit: FYI, the site is listing 3,141 films available on the service. So, like Netflix, it's a lot less than their DVD catalogue, but it's pretty sizeable. I haven't dug through the list yet, though, so they could all be rubbish.

Comment

DVD Bargains

Oh yes, I have been being hassled for content to provide Lovefilm with for that. so there's at least 12 all right films on there, or will be, soon.

Comment

DVD Bargains

Not necessarily an out and out bargain, but I have used a fairly new site called Price Minister that's similar to Amazon Marketplace in that it's a way for small to medium sellers to sell DVDs (and lots of other stuff) without creating their own website.

Anyway, I say this because having used them (with no problems at all), they offer you the chance to recommend the site to others, and they get £5 off their first order over a tenner (and so do I), so at least the first order is likely to be a bargain. So, if you want an invite, drop me a PM with your email address, and I'll recommend you.

Comment

Working...
                X