True Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Blood

First episode in the UK started last night (on FX).

Pretty good, if a little ... busy.

Anna Paquin plays the clairvoyant heroine, who can read everyones mind, other than vampires, who are recently 'out of the closet' and can live alongside regular humans, thanks to a concotion called 'Tru Blood'.

Its VERY risque in parts, funny in others, and has some nasty bits (especially the ending of the episode, which was more surprising, than nasty), but I am not sure how far they can go with the main storyline (which without spoiling, is Anna Paquin having a serious interest in one particular 'handsome' vampire).

6.5 out of 10.

True Blood

Tim Dowling review here

Comment

True Blood

I watched all of series 1 whilst never actually thinking I liked it. I expect I will carry on watching. In later episodes there is a character that is THE SPIT of Spangly.

Comment

True Blood

I watched episode one last night. Sufficiently leftfield to keep me interested and yes the ending was a surprise. What was left unexplained earlier was how Suki did that thing with the chain. Is she more than just clairvoyant?

Comment

True Blood

Is Anna Paquin, Suki (or Sookie, if Scottish)?

S P O I L E R

I think she was just removing it after it had been put there by some others...

Comment

True Blood

SPOILER

I meant that bit where they were attacking Bill and she wrapped that big heavy chain round Ratz' neck and there seemed to be some strange force holding it in place...

Comment

True Blood

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

ah... I wondered about that. I thought at the time, it was either a) sheer force, and caught the windpipe, or b) the chain is silver, and HE is a vampire (and perhaps thats what the earlier violence by them against the vampire was about)

I have too much time on my hands...

Comment

True Blood

CONTINUING POTENTIAL SPOILER

No, it wasn't just force - the production seemed to make a special point to ensure that the viewer noticed this, and the chain wasn't silver, she picked up out of the back of a random truck. The chain on Bill - THAT was silver yes. Their violence against Bill was simply as a way of getting to steal his blood I reckon.

Sheesh - and you think you've got too much time on your hands?!

Comment

True Blood

Watched episode 2 last night. I'm liking this. It's quirky and sexy and darkly funny.

Comment

True Blood

FYI - original thread.

Comment

True Blood

I'm still watching and we're three or four eps into Season Two. It's getting more deep and complex.

Comment

True Blood

Semi Spoilers

Series 2 took a big leap forward last with the Dionysian orgy/sacrifice and upcoming crucifixion at the Church of the Fundamentalist Vampire Killers.

Comment

True Blood

Hear hear.

Comment

True Blood

The second season is better.

Comment

True Blood

Am I right in thinking that season has 1 finished because I can't see it on any schedules and after the episode about three weeks ago there hasn't been another?

Comment

True Blood

I've been wondering the same thing. I don't think it has because they did this last year, dropped the final episode from its regular slot and I missed it.

Comment

True Blood

I know that the Season 2 finale (ep 12) is this Sunday night. They've been rerunning ep 11 all over the schedule for (I think) two weeks now. Then they're running the whole series again through the end of (I think) October.

Comment

True Blood

Yeah, it's at its usual time this week. It's maenad stompin' time.

Comment

True Blood

Testify, brother.

Comment

True Blood

No. It's still on FX it's just that Tiscali have taken it off the possible Catch Up TV options which is a bugger.

Comment

True Blood

So, Amor, what did you think?

I liked it. Good climax. Enjoyable dénouement (if a bit long), and the...gasp...the thing that leads us to next season.

Very good season, I thought.

Comment

True Blood

I agree.

****SPOILER*****

I especially liked the conversation in Marlettes(?) at the end. The two women trading presposterous rumour as fact, that ended with with Sam saying "Mountain Dew...good choice." I thought that little scene was an very witty little comment on recent political events in the US.

Comment

True Blood

Just watched episode one of season one and I was very impressed. I have a theory that the quality of a film or TV series can be surmised from the quality of the opening credits. True Blood has some particularly fine opening credits. Being on HBO it was unlikely to disappoint, factor in Alan 'Six Feet Under' Ball and it was as close to a sure fire cert as I could imagine.

The first epi augers very well and I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Hats off to HBO again.

Comment

True Blood

Anyone know when season 4 is starting in the UK?

Comment

True Blood

gt3,

Do you mean season 3?

We've been watching it on Fast Pass TV.
                                                  Up to episode 11 at the moment.
                                                  It's been very good so far.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X