The Tallest Man in Ramallah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a fantastic essay by Michael Chabon http://lithub.com/the-tallest-man-in-ramallah/ taken from a collection that will be published later this year called "Kingdom of Olives and Ash", which is a collection of pieces by well known writers visiting the West Bank and Gaza. I heartily recommend Chabon's essay and I shall be buying the book.

Edit: writers are: Michael Chabon, Dave Eggers, Mario Vargas Llosa, Colm Toibin, Ayelet Waldman, Maylis de Kerangal, Graldine Brooks, Jacqueline Woodson, Ala Hlehel, Madeleine Thien, Rachel Kusher, RajaShehadeh, Lars Saabye Christensen, Emily Raboteau, Assaf Gavron, Taiye Selasi, Eimear McBride, Hari Kunzru, Lorraine Adams, Helon Habila, Eva Menasse, Anita Desai, PorochistaKhakpour, Fida Jiryis, Arnon Grunberg & Colum McCain.

I've bookmarked it to read later, cheers for the link.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I'm just finishing The Yiddish Policemen's Union. It'll make an appropriate coda.

Comment

Ah, this is the book I mentioned once or twice on (an)other thread(s) two or three months ago. I saw the essay tweeted earlier without any authorial attribution and didn't make the link - thanks for flagging it up, ad hoc! Going to get that on my tablet to read when I go to bed in a bit.

Comment

Neat timing. I'm currently well into Kavalier and Clay by Chabon. What a great read.

Comment

An interview here with the editors. I'm really looking forward to this book http://lithub.com/silence-is-an-occupation-all-its-own/

Comment

Working...
            X