X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colin Dexter

has passed away, aged 86.

Colin Dexter

Responsible for more murders in Oxford than anyone else in history, I think. He made the town seem like a hive of scum and villainy rather than what it actually is, which is a Heritage Tourist Attaction with a university attached.

Comment

Colin Dexter

my sister read a Morse book, and kept ringing me up giggling everytime she came across a reference to some woman being taken in by his "Steely blue eyes."

Comment

Colin Dexter

Spawned some great TV. RIP.

Comment

Colin Dexter

That's very true. Even the Lewis, and endeavour spinoffs are very enjoyable.

Comment

Colin Dexter

I read most of the books, albeit twenty plus years ago. The Morse character is quite seedy in the earlier instalments and Dexter admitted that the TV series came to influence how he wrote him in the later ones.

Comment

Colin Dexter

RIP. Haven't read any of the books, yet, but I have a volume with three of them in (Jericho, N Quinn, Service of all the Dead) which is on my "to read" list. I absolutely loved the TV adaptations, they're well up on my all time TV list.

Comment

Colin Dexter

Radio Morse...

Comment

Colin Dexter

Benjm wrote: I read most of the books, albeit twenty plus years ago. The Morse character is quite seedy in the earlier instalments and Dexter admitted that the TV series came to influence how he wrote him in the later ones.
                  Yeah but you could see why. Thaw was so good, that it was always going to start to blur his own vision of him.

Comment

Working...
                  X