X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man Booker 2016

The 2016 Man Booker shortlist:

The Sellout by Paul Beatty (Oneworld)

Hot Milk by Deborah Levy (Hamish Hamilton)

His Bloody Project by Graeme Macrae Burnet (Saraband)

Eileen by Ottessa Moshfegh (Vintage)

All That Man Is by David Szalay (Vintage)

Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeleine Thien (Granta)

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/sep/13/man-booker-shortlist-2016-announced-graeme-macrae-burnet-deborah-levy

Man Booker 2016

I don't think I've ever read any Booker prize winners or shortlisted ones in the year they were shortlisted.

Philistine, me.

Comment

Man Booker 2016

I bought 'His Bloody Project' last week on kindle - looking forward to reading it.

Comment

Man Booker 2016

I've been waiting for The Sellout to be available as an e-book from my library, but it's always checked out when I look. I should put a hold on it.

Comment

Man Booker 2016

Patrick Thistle wrote: I don't think I've ever read any Booker prize winners or shortlisted ones in the year they were shortlisted.
          We used to choose 'em up and review them here whenever the short list was posted. But it petered out.

Comment

Man Booker 2016

Not sure we ever had a year where everyone actually read and reviewed their choices before decision day. Except maybe the year Wolf Hall won, and that was the one that got the worst review here.

I'd organize one this year but I have a feeling everyone would want to read The Sellout.

Comment

Man Booker 2016

Yeah...The Sellout or His Bloody Project.

Comment

Man Booker 2016

Deborah Levy awarded me a writing prize when I was at university. She was pretty cool, good to see her making an impression on this thing.

Comment

Working...
                X