Future reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future reading

Books that aren't out yet that you're looking forward to?

The Last Days of New Paris, China Mieville (February 2017) - "1950: a lone Surrealist fighter, Thibaut, walks a new, hallucinogenic Paris, where Nazis and the Resistance are trapped in unending conflict, and the streets are stalked by living images and texts".

UK DK, David Peace (July 2018) - supposedly a novel covering UK history from 1967-84, the rise of the right and the decline of the left.

Plus the next instalments of series' by Kim Newman (Anno Dracula), Christopher Fowler (Bryant & May), Brian Catling (The Vorrh), Ian Tregillis (Alchemy Wars) and Robert Jackson Bennett (Divine Cities).

Future reading

John Richardson's fourth and final volume of The Life of Picasso is due sometime this year (but Knopf said that last year...)

Bruce Springsteen's memoir Born to Run is out this coming month. It's a must.

Comment

Future reading

I'm also hoping there's another David Kynaston volume due soon in his Tales of a New Jerusalem history of post-war Britain.

Comment

Future reading

Babylon's Ashed by James S A Corey - part 6 of The Expanse series which is out in November.

The Illustrated History of Football by some bigshot in newspaper or something that sometimes comes here. Rod Liddle maybe?

Comment

Future reading

I'm not usually one for autobiographical books, but John le Carré's The Pigeon Tunnel is one I might make an exception for.

Comment

Working...
          X