A universe from nothing - Lawrence Krauss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A universe from nothing - Lawrence Krauss

Anyone else read this? I found it in The Works for £3 and thought it looked interesting.

Not sure I followed it all but the basic stuff about the origins of the universe was quite accessible.

He has an annoying habit of eulogising fellow physicists. Why do we need to know if a colleague and/or rival is funny or not?

Closest I could find to a thread about physics. Have just read The Consolations of Physics by Tim Radford.
    ​​​​​​Sublime in parts. A love letter to the Voyager missions. Let down by occasionally misusing (to my uninformed mind) literary allusions. Some felt a bit crow barred in. But overall, worth a read. And something that you *could* if you put your mind to it, read in one sitting.

Comment

Turns out Krauss was a sexual predator so I've gone a bit off his work. I mean, the science is still the same, but I don't need to read his take on it.

Comment

Interesting book though.

The basic premise is that a flat universe could mathematically arise out of nothing. And our universe shows no visible curvature.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/anandwrites/status/1149015324592881664?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Working...
          X