My Parents Open Carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Parents Open Carry

Reed John wrote: I wouldn't go to WF even if we had one. Their owner is an anti-labor douche and they don't sell Coke.
    An oxymoron if ever there was one.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

The big problem with Whole Foods is how incredibly expensive it is. But here in Southern California a new chain, Bristol Farms, is opening up to try and make Whole Foods look cheap and cheerful.

Here in San Diego, while WF and Trader Joes have a presence, Vons is clearly the dominant grocery store, followed by Ralphs followed by Albertsons. In the WF and Bristol Farms space, but much cheaper, is Sprouts, where lots of people do their shopping for fruit and veg.

One of the fun things about road trips in the US is the regionality of grocery stores. I love that the Texas state line is almost defined by the presence of H-E-B (which is, I think, the best thing about Texas). Or that when you see a Piggly Wiggly you know you aren't far from a Confederate flag.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

Bored of Education wrote:
        Originally posted by Reed John
        I wouldn't go to WF even if we had one. Their owner is an anti-labor douche and they don't sell Coke.
        Which part?

We don't need a WF. We have Wegmans. Wegmans has everything.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

LLR, Bristol Farms have been around in LA for longer than Whole Foods has. We had one in Long Beach for years and years now. I guess they must just be going down to San Diego. And yes, it's all the price of Whole Foods, but without any sort of social consciousness. I imagine that Lucille Bluth would send someone to shop at Bristol Farms for her.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

Reed John wrote:
            Originally posted by Bored of Education
            Originally posted by Reed John
            I wouldn't go to WF even if we had one. Their owner is an anti-labor douche and they don't sell Coke.
            Which part?
            Their owner is an anti-labor douche and they don't sell Coke.
            Coke are anti-labour as fuck.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

Yeah. But nobody expects otherwise. Whole Foods would have you believe the sun shines out their collective asses.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

The posh suburbs of DC had Balduccis. That sounds like Bristol Farms. I often went there because they sold fresh sandwiches that were fantastic.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

Furtho wrote: "Come join 13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard, as they spend a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together.

"What's not so typical is that Brenna's parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense. The Strongs join a growing number of families that are standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights by open carrying and bringing gun ownership out of the closet and into the mainstream."

Book website ("We often get requests from Tea Party Groups and home-schoolers for bulk discount orders...") is here.
                  It's not just gun ownership that is coming out of the closet. Dick strong looks suspiciously like a woman with a fake moustache. he's also about 5'4"

Comment

Working...
                  X