My Parents Open Carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Parents Open Carry

"Come join 13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard, as they spend a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together.

"What's not so typical is that Brenna's parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense. The Strongs join a growing number of families that are standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights by open carrying and bringing gun ownership out of the closet and into the mainstream."

Book website ("We often get requests from Tea Party Groups and home-schoolers for bulk discount orders...") is here.

My Parents Open Carry

If you open carry and have a difficult time explaining why to your family and friends, or if you want to learn about the open carry of a handgun, or if you've wondered if open carry is right for you, then this book is what you need.
    Hang on. I thought this was a kid's book? Why would an adult need a kid's book to explain......oh. I see.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

Surely this should be in the WTF thread?

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

I felt Books needed a bit of pizzazz.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

Just good honest wholesome white folks who happen to be openly packing heat. What could possibly go wrong?

I wonder if dad's hand in his right pocket is secretly fondling the gun or his diminutive prick?

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

The dad whose name is Dick Strong?

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

Heh. I love the way it describes the routine Saturday morning shopping trip as though that's a typically dangerous time to be out and about in America. I guess it will be soon if all these fuckers start flaunting their hardware at the farmers' market. As if a lone nutter with a death wish who's about to open fire on a crowd will actually care about getting gunned down rather than enduring a two-hour fry-up in a malfunctioning electric chair.

Then there's the language of "coming out of the closet" to display your piece - like this is as brave an act as publicly declaring your generally-viewed-as-deviant sexuality (especially in Texas by home-schooling advocates). Will you just look at the courage of that wealthy white guy showing us that he's got a gun while he goes to the grocery store! Send the cunt shopping in downtown Kabul if he's that keen to impress us with his bravado, and at the same time we can test the theory that the good guys with guns can stop the bad guys with guns. You know the bad guys - they have t-shirts saying 'Bad Guy' in big block capitals across the chest.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

About the Authors

BRIAN G. JEFFS, is a senior geologist. He is the Co-founder of Michigan Open Carry, Inc., a non-profit organization that promotes the open carry of a handgun and works to protect all firearm rights. Brian is also on the Board of Directors for the Second Amendment March. He is co-host of At Odds, a political talk show. His love and respect for firearms and the 2nd amendment began at an early age and were nurtured by his father. Brian is married, has a teenage daughter, as well as a dog and a cat. He enjoys hunting, fishing and living free. My Parents Open Carry is his first book.

NATHAN R. NEPHEW is a software developer and co-founder of Michigan Carry, Inc., a non-profit organization that promotes the open carry of a handgun and works to protect all firearm rights. Nathan is also the host of The Nathan Nephew Show and co-host of At Odds, a political talk show. His knowledge and love of firearms came from his parents. His strong passion for the 2nd Amendment began after realizing that American's rights are slowly being stripped away. Nathan graduated from Kettering University with a Bachelors in Computer Engineering. He enjoys hunting, fishing, and playing the drums in several bands. My Parents Open Carry is his first book.

THE ARTIST:

LORNA BERGMAN: Lorna is a Mid-Michigan artist who has created a variety of artwork, including designing decorations for the World Famous Bonner's Christmas store. Lorna is an avid hunter and enjoys deer hunting and shooting. My Parents Open Carry is her first book.
                They missed out 'All three of them are massive fucking dickheads'. Quite the omission there.

Does anyone dare listen to 'At Odds'?

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

Look, I know I'm banging on about this, but seriously; check out the look inside feature.

'Murica!

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

imp wrote: Heh. I love the way it describes the routine Saturday morning shopping trip as though that's a typically dangerous time to be out and about in America. I guess it will be soon if all these fuckers start flaunting their hardware at the farmers' market. As if a lone nutter with a death wish who's about to open fire on a crowd will actually care about getting gunned down rather than enduring a two-hour fry-up in a malfunctioning electric chair.
                    They might need guns to fight over a parking spot at Costco.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

As a costco member, I'd like to hope the shootings would be in a Sams Club or Walmart parking lot.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

Toby Gymshorts wrote: Look, I know I'm banging on about this, but seriously; check out the look inside feature.

'Murica!
                        I am worried by Page 1 with Brenna putting her pillow over her Mum's head just for waking her up.

Do these people 'open carry' in church, I wonder?

Actually, don't spoilt it for me. I will wait until my copy arrives to find out.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

Cal Alamein wrote: As a costco member, I'd like to hope the shootings would be in a Sams Club or Walmart parking lot.
                            I know, but I've seen fights break out in my Costco lot enough times--serious yelling, one time it turned into a fistfight--to know that one person carrying a gun could turn it into a really bad situation.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

I have some faith that demographics are going to eventually kill off the NRA, etc. America is not getting more white or more rural and that's where most of the open carry people are, as I understand it. And even so, I'm not sure how common it is. I live in a pretty redneck area and I've never seen a random person carrying a gun in public like that.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/open-carry-gun-law-advocates-release-childrens-boo,36624/

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

Incandenza wrote:
                                Originally posted by Cal Alamein
                                As a costco member, I'd like to hope the shootings would be in a Sams Club or Walmart parking lot.
                                I know, but I've seen fights break out in my Costco lot enough times--serious yelling, one time it turned into a fistfight--to know that one person carrying a gun could turn it into a really bad situation.
                                A fistfight is already a bad situation. What were they fighting about?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/downtown-mcdonalds-perpetually-a-hairsbreadth-from,203/

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

A parking spot. It's the only Costco on the Westside, it's in a huge parking lot next to a supermarket, and there's a Costco gas station that cars spill out of into the main roads (lanes?) inside the lot, and there's also an In-N-Out that cars back up for, so it's really stressful going there.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

LA just seems really stressful.
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UFc1pr2yUU

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

I'm sure I've mentioned it, but that's the WF that's closest to me. That's a really bad lot as well, but at least the aisles are narrow, and the spots are angled in, so someone can't pull up in the opposite direction and try to steal your spot. Also, I could walk/bike there if I'm just going to get a little bit of things and can carry them home.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

I wouldn't go to WF even if we had one. Their owner is an anti-labor douche and they don't sell Coke.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

We don't go there often, mostly for crunchy organic baby stuff. Plus they have a good beer selection.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

What's the dominant regular supermarket there, Albertsons?

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

I'd say Ralphs (no apostrophe, Ralphs was someone's last name, they started in SoCal) and Vons 1a and 1b, then Albertson's 2. And of course Trader Joe's, which a lot of people use as their only market. Ralphs and Vons both have their own pseudo-upscale offshoots, Fresh Fare and Pavilions.

Down here we have Vons, up in Northern California it's Safeway, sort of like the Carl's Jr/Hardee's divide.

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

http://flowingdata.com/2013/06/26/grocery-store-geography/

Comment

My Parents Open Carry

This is brilliant. It's like a proper meandering OTF thread. "Books" is finally coming of age.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X