Alex Ferguson's Autobiography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have many people read Sir Alex Ferguson's Autobiography yet?
    Apparently it is believed to be quite entertaining especially if you happen to use audiobooks and listen to it being read partially by Ferguson himself; not much spit goes into your ear !

I'd sooner chew my leg off.

Comment

I liked it- a good listen. Some decent insight into his ideas and what goes on at a top club.

Comment

About a third of it is good. The rest is a blatant rush-job.

There are also a few bizarre errors in it, such as the bit about Heinze and Veron having a fight. Veron left Man United a year before Heinze signed for them.

Ferg would have been better off simply adding a few extra chapters to Managing My Life.

Comment

Well said... the book is not a written well but it is worth reading simply to get a little understanding of a man who defined an era.

Comment

You can get that understanding better from previous works by and about him.

But I also think that a book like this only works if a manager waits five years before going into print to give some perspective.

It'll probably take that long for him to calm down.

Comment

I would love to hear Alex Ferguson do a spoken word version of the English translation of the Jacques Brel song 'La Mort'

"My death waits like a beggar blind
              who sees the world through an unlit mind
              throw him a dime
              for the passing of time"

Comment

I'd need to be paid two separate fees in order to read it. First, the standard "waste of my time" fee for spending my valuable time on a load of toss. That'd be an hourly rate. And second, a one-off lump sum "shame and embarrassment" fee for the risk of being seen in possession of a copy of the rantings of that loathsome twat.

Comment

Point two is understandable, but how can you know that the book is "a load of toss" if you haven't read any of it?

Comment

Well, I suppose I can't be 100 per cent sure. I just have a high confidence level on the point based on exposure to the man in the media over the past couple of decades.

Comment

you can take my word for it, it's toss.

Comment

Here is an underwhelmed review of it from a United fan:

http://thetwounfortunates.com/book-review-my-autobiography/

Comment

Working...
                        X