Viz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by colchestersid View Post
    Given that my actual name is pretty unusual and I've never written to them or subscribed, I'm still completely mystified. Is there another Viz reader in Colchester who shares my exact name? Or did they just pluck it out of thin air?
    Phone book?

Comment

Originally posted by colchestersid View Post
      I'm currently reorganising my study so I can bring my Viz collection down from the attic - I've got all of them back to No 25 so plenty to keep me occupied

I've never made any contribution to Viz but there was one letter published years ago which was from (...my actual name...), Colchester

Given that my actual name is pretty unusual and I've never written to them or subscribed, I'm still completely mystified. Is there another Viz reader in Colchester who shares my exact name? Or did they just pluck it out of thin air?
      A few years ago, my mate Drew got me to write a series of letters (by email) to the Welwyn and Hatfield Times using the name of his mate's dad, and the street and town where he lived (the reason being that the dad was a bit of an arsehole, if I recall correctly). The letters were always absurd responses to news items in the paper, saying that the youth of today weren't eating enough Marmite, or that people complaining about noise from fireworks should be punished and locked up - I can't recall exactly what, but along those lines. The letters were printed without fail.

Eventually, he heard a reaction from his mate. "It's funny, there's a bloke on my dad's street with exactly the same name as him who keeps writing really weird letters to the Welwyn and Hatfield Times." We gave up after that.

Comment

Working...
      X