Dilbert goes racist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dilbert goes racist

I used to read Scott Adams's blog 10 or more years ago and he has been on the trajectory into cuntitude for a long time.

https://twitter.com/clevelanddotcom/status/1629241007266050052?t=47EkX8RD-7grWzFVIZ-1Xg&s=19

More on that
    https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-s...-okay-be-white

Comment

Thanks HP.

I used to read a lot of Dilbert books and Adams's blog but it felt like he was trying to be edgy and provocative. And then he fell off the edge

Comment

Yeah he's been an utterly dreadful person for a very long time.

Comment

Yep. Complete arsehole.

Comment

His wife divorced him in 2014 and you can pretty much date the descent into crazy from there.

Comment

https://twitter.com/WillOremus/status/1629904499648221184?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                His wife divorced him in 2014 and you can pretty much date the descent into crazy from there.
                And maybe it was behind-closed-doors up until that point?

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                  And maybe it was behind-closed-doors up until that point?
                  He's had some kooky views on things for a while but he pretty much jumped off the cliff of "nerd with interesting beliefs" around the time of his divorce.

Comment

Maybe 25 years ago I read some book of his (not a book of cartoons I mean, a standard book) and concluded he was a total tosser already back then because he made some throwaway comment along the lines, iirc, of not knowing that the British had a sense of humour. Or something about Brits and humour anyway, showing a mix of ignorance and arrogant offensiveness. [Edit: I suppose that, ironically, I had a sense of humour failure about the comment.]
                    Last edited by Evariste Euler Gauss; 27-02-2023, 16:10.

Comment

A guy I briefly dated around the end of 2003 really liked Dilbert and I remember watching a Dilbert video curled up on his single bed in his tiny student room. It wasn't funny even back then. One of the early signs that that was a relationship that was not destined to go far (I think we lasted about three weeks, long enough for me to tell my ex that I was "seeing someone" which was kind of the point).

Comment

I think his cartoons were exceptionally funny for lampooning tech culture and bureaucracy around that time. But the Dilbert TV series seemed to fall completely flat.

Comment

Working...
                        X