Usborne's World of the Unknown books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usborne's World of the Unknown books

Am I the only OTFer who was obsessed by these books as a child? They've been reprinted and I couldn't resist buying them again.

I don't remember these but I remember their books, the world atlas was the one I was fascinated with.

Comment

I had all of these. Probably from when I was about 6 or 7 so late 70s?

Comment

I think I had a few of these. But more notably, I think, I had a music artist in a feature in my magazine specifically namecheck them the other month in connection with his interest in the paranormal, so I had to think about how to render the name of the series in our mag.

Comment

I remember their World of the Future (I think) which had cities under domes and lots of buildings which had lots of greenery around. And I think a couple of other Usborne's books of the same variety. But not the world of the unknown - my response to those would have been the same as my response to the paranormal thread would be if I replied.

Comment

I loved the Ghosts one, but the worlds of the future /living under the sea/revolving space stations with trees and lakes and animals by 2000 stuff was really where they excelled.
            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 04-09-2022, 20:20.

Comment

Working...
            X