Freebee Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freebee Finds

In our local book box. A brand-new unbroken copy of The Tale of Genji. Woo hoo! If we're under covid house arrest for another year I might well have time to read all 1100 pages of it.

I think that we have three largely unread copies between us, though I'm not sure where any of them are

My latest find was Bill Bryson's book on Australia

Comment

Three unread copies of the same book? Unwanted presents...?

I was given Bryson's book on Australia for my birthday several years ago, but confess I haven't read it yet.

Comment

One might have been a gift, but I know that I bought at least one with every intention of reading it and believe that ms. ursus did the same

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          I think that we have three largely unread copies between us, though I'm not sure where any of them are

My latest find was Bill Bryson's book on Australia
          I really need to do some kind of inventory not only on the books I have, but also on folders, photocopies and other stuff lying around. In theory this should be easy given that we live in a flat with few hidden corners. That's the theory. The reality concerns lack of time, of motivation, and, as mentioned on last Saturday's Zoom meeting, various reasons why people don't or are unwilling to throw away belongings they are highly unlikely to use or consult again.

Comment

Over the years I've got rid of so many books. But new ones keep appearing.

Comment

Working...
            X