Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The guy who wrote "The Phantom Tollbooth" died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy who wrote "The Phantom Tollbooth" died.

He did more, but 'history' will hold him to that one.

I'm not very spiritual, but I owe him a lot (as people who know my witterings will attest to.)

It was kinda weird to see the movie, and again, because it was exactly like I thought, and absolutely nothing like I thought. Admittedly, the second time I saw it, I was on acid, and then it all made sense.

I say "Goodbye". And, see you when you get there.

It’s a wonderful book Gero. Glad you are a fan.

Comment

Norton Juster - just in case anybody's vaguely interested in naming him.

RIP.

Comment

Thanks Jah. I can't believe I missed his name.

Comment

An incredible book. I wish I had read it earlier in life.

Comment

All I know about it is that the film version had Butch Patrick out of off The Munsters in it. And it was largely a cartoon. Didn't know that it was a book too. Haven't seen the fillum for over forty years.

Comment

I recall loving the book but don’t recall the film. It’s on Prime. I might have to rent it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                I recall loving the book but don’t recall the film. It’s on Prime. I might have to rent it.
                I think I cried on here one Christmas Day years back, about how my then partner had bought me the movie.

Yeah, it's one of those. Actual watching it isn't the point: it's the things it reminds you of. (The book is infinitely better.)

Comment

the whetherman not the weatherman

"it's better to know whether there will be weather than what the weather will be"

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                    the whetherman not the weatherman

"it's better to know whether there will be weather than what the weather will be"
                    Thank you and fuck you x

Comment

I actually fell asleep last night, with this movie on a video programme that keeps repeating. So, if I hear the phrase "Cheer up Charlie" once more, I may go Wells Fargo.

Comment

(Can I tell you all a wee secret? I've just cooked some shortside, and the person with whom I reside, has no sense of smell, and doesn't know that I am awaiting with a ... I had to stop myself saying "poisoned chalice" there. All he has to do, is choose from one of three dishes, to add to the mashed potatoes.

Will he choose:

Option 1: grated strong cheddar, a wonderful option.

Option 2: Some actual Parmesan that cost my almost a limb-ful of blood. Or

Option 3: the blue cheese which he chose, that has been sitting in the fridge since he bought it?

My money is on 3, because I linked the other 2 to an electricity outlet, and he WILL choose what I want.

That took longer than I expected. Unlike my soon to be dead (this is a joke) roommate.

Also, pretty sure UEFA are up for most things, but probably not this. x

Comment

Oh, yeah, and "Cheer Up Charlie"

Comment

Working...
                          X