Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JK Rowling

Profile here

Those fucking books. Those terrible films. People in their thirties talking about Muggles. It was bad enough when she was just JK Unionist, she's full-on evil now.

Comment

Thanks Nef. That's a good piece

Comment

Dumbledore's gay? Next you'll be telling us Doris Day isn't a virgin

I'm puzzled why the guy in his 40s who mentions Mibees in almost every post is so agitated? You're hardly a target market for either kids' books, Tory politics or whatever JKR and Emma Watson have fallen out about
        Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 22-12-2020, 19:08.

Comment

I've had a simmering dislike for her since her Better Together and shilling for SLab days. It's a good rule of thumb that transphobes are scumbags who deserve nothing but contempt as well.

Comment

And working with Harry Potter fans was full on piss annoying.

Comment

It’s annoyed Helen Lewis
              https://twitter.com/pastachips/status/1341410946955288576?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                Those fucking books. Those terrible films. People in their thirties talking about Muggles. It was bad enough when she was just JK Unionist, she's full-on evil now.
                My kids have wanted me to read the books to them at bedtime. Some bad writing in there, and we've gotten to the part where we find out that the elves work in Hogwarts as unpaid servants, all who speak in minstrelsy language. Rough stuff.

Comment

So it's not just malign Jewish stereotypes but Amos n Andy shite as well. Brilliant.

Comment

So it's not just malign Jewish stereotypes but Amos n Andy shite as well. Brilliant.
                    ?

I thought it was the BBC wot had honoured her by comparing her rhetoric to Enoch Powell, not something she'd said?

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/1991/07/07/b...os-n-andy.html

Comment

And the avarice driven banker goblins in her "mythos" have hooked noses and the likes.

Comment

And the avarice driven banker goblins in her "mythos" have hooked noses and the likes.
                          I thought that was the source of the accusations of anti-Semitism against her?

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                            That's an excellent profile, thanks for sharing.

Comment

I've written on here before about how many of her villains are "fat and ugly". Her comedy characters tend to be fat too.

Her first three HP books are alright. Then she got popular and her books tripled in length and halved in quality. I read the fifth one and it was tedious with so many tangents and unnecessary scenes that I decided not to bother with the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

?

I thought it was the BBC wot had honoured her by comparing her rhetoric to Enoch Powell, not something she'd said?
                                I was replying to Inca, Guy.

Comment

Ah.

Ok.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                  X