X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub VI Pedes

Albert Underzo has died, aged 92

Nads

Was going to go for six feet Underzo, then remembered his name was Uderzo, then failed in the post.

Comment

The reason my entire generation says "Asterix" not "asterisk".

Comment

I was Asterix mad as a kid. Albert and Rene brought joy to millions of people and deserve to be remembered for it.

Vercingetorix throwing his arms at Caesar's feet still makes me smile, basic a gag as it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
          I was Asterix mad as a kid. Albert and Rene brought joy to millions of people and deserve to be remembered for it.
          Agreed. It was a Christmas morning ritual, finding out who had been given the new Asterix book (my sister) and who should be allowed to read it first because it wasn't fair (me).

That one where the villagers were all set against each other (Mansions of the Gods?) was probably my first lesson in politics.

Comment

Just on the weekend I was reading an article about Goscinny, and delighted in the fact that Uderzo was still alive.

Comment

for the illustration

https://twitter.com/incunabula/status/1242447512147046400?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post

That one where the villagers were all set against each other (Mansions of the Gods?) was probably my first lesson in politics.
                That also happened with the Roman Agent as well.

Some of the stories were quite bold. The Big Fight, for example, about some Gauls collaborating with the occupying powers. Sure that struck a chord in France.

Anyway, RIP Albert. Loved your drawings.

Comment

Working...
                X