Grey Horse Inn: January 20-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EIM View Post
    The pump clips came down as it's not 2005 any more, and I'm not advertising beer we don't sell. Stripped back. Classic. Minimal fuss.
    I approve. I'm sure this will provide you with all the sustenance you need.

Comment

Do I mean sustenance? Probably not. Affirmation? Maybe. I'm very tired currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

Hey!

No, wait. Fair.

Carry on.
        Heh...who expected to see you here in Books?

Comment

I read things.

I've read things.

I can read.

Comment

The crestfallen tone I was aiming for doesn't really work in text, does it. Anyway, bollocks, I read all the time. Just on the way home there I read the ingredients label of some sushi snacks I was eating.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
              The crestfallen tone I was aiming for doesn't really work in text, does it. Anyway, bollocks, I read all the time. Just on the way home there I read the ingredients label of some sushi snacks I was eating.
              No, it worked. I thought it was good. But yeah, you can't control the pauses the way you want to.

Comment

Coffee is what you drink in the morning - not down the pub, for Christ's sake. The fookin' writer shall not be goading the local sceptics even more by sipping on a fucking espresso. Which is a supremely pointless drink in any case. All that faffing around with taps and grounds and steam for a drink that lasts - at most - two fucking gulps.

In better news, I can barely express how much I'm looking forward to a week of drinking draught mild.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                  Though I'm now trying to work out where you work.
                  I think he's something to do with trains.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

I think he's something to do with trains.
                    The Greater Manchester Cheese & Ale Company. They export to the colonies.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post

Macclesfield, Wilmslow and Stalybridge?

Comment

See thread title - .
                        Haha. I guess that would have been the place to start.

Comment

Ok its across the road but the entrance is on Whitworth Street.

Comment

Heh...who expected to see you here in Books?
                            To be fair, I didn't know it was in Books for quite a while.

Comment

I drink coffee all day. It's what I drink. Coffee and water. Water on its own, I mean. There's water in my coffee, obvs. But also I drink water independently of the coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                I drink coffee all day. It's what I drink. Coffee and water. Water on its own, I mean. There's water in my coffee, obvs. But also I drink water independently of the coffee.
                                Same here. Coffee, water, tea and kombucha. Sometimes pop / soda, but drastically less than ever.

Comment

I've no real idea what kombucha is, mind. I'm more or less done with buying fizzy drinks, except v occasionally. And tea isn't my drink, though every six months or so I'll accept one when offered. Milk and one, obvs.

I do think pubs are fascinating. And I've long half wanted to have one of my own.

Comment

kombucha is based on fermented tea. It is actually really nice*

*opinions differ

Comment

How do you ferment tea?

Comment

It's a very satisfying answer to not drinking booze but not wanting pop.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                          I do think pubs are fascinating. And I've long half wanted to have one of my own.
                                          Me too. But I'd only do one if I found a horribly small, awkward, cheap space and open one of those micro-pubs.

Comment

Me too. But I'd only do one if I found a horribly small, awkward, cheap space and open one of those micro-pubs.
                                            You should take a look at the pub next door to EIM's.

Comment

Is this going to be livestreamed?

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                                Is this going to be livestreamed?
                                                I think that might not meet the guidelines of the board judging by a couple of pre-stories just heard on my warm-up evening in the bar. I can confirm, though, that this is a great place to meet, talk, drink and sing.

Comment

Hold on, we tell you loads of stories on here, why aren't you writer-in-residence on here?

Comment

YEAH. My pants-shitting-in-John-Lewis missive deserves a wider audience.

On second thoughts...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X