No announcement yet.

Grey Horse Inn: January 20-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, I'm in full support of removing the t-shirts and any non-permanent looking adornments. But those thing on the beams didn't bother me. They seem well spaced and properly mounted.

Comment

I see that you are equally ignorant as to the cost of such a machines and the appeal of what it produces.

Comment

Just pretend it's a pair of plimsolls, then he can spend whatever it takes.
        Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 16-01-2020, 18:20.

Comment

Christamighty, those are pricier than anticipated.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
            Just pretend it's a pair of plimsolls, then he can spend whatever it takes.
            Eh? Not me mate. Toby maybe. I'm tight.

Comment

I meant The Grey Horse man. The one who would be doing such spending.

Comment

WOM is right that nobody would buy a coffee in the pub, though. Which means that no matter how good the coffee machine was, the beans would be stale and the coffee a bit rubbish.

Comment

You can't put a price on a dream.

Comment

Better to buy a hundred quid Nespresso and piss off Greta.

Comment

Can you people not see the machine in the pic ua shared, or what?

Nespresso. I mean. Really.

Comment

Oh, it’s a lovely machine. It would probably make a fantastic espresso. But I’ve never seen anyone go to the pub to drink an espresso. Maybe if I was writer in residence, I’d want a coffee or two rather than to just drink many pints of mild during my 8 hour shift at the word processor, but I imagine that’s a pretty niche market.

Comment

SB, that "reasoning" would lead one to conclude that "no pub would have a writer in residence".

Comment

Of course I'm not going into a pub for an espresso. They don't have the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                              Better to buy a hundred quid Nespresso and piss off Greta.
                              Buy some Nespresso-offsets to make up for it.

Comment

I only have a glasswasher so no separate way to clean coffee cups. The coffee clings to the glasses and taints the beer. Any milk also clings to the glass and the fat kills the beer.

If someone really wants a hot drink I'll offer to make them one from my flat. I won't charge them. They are guests and guests can have a brew. But most demand for coffee comes from people who live in different cities and have never visited the pub.

The pump clips came down as it's not 2005 any more, and I'm not advertising beer we don't sell. Stripped back. Classic. Minimal fuss.

Comment

most demand for coffee comes from people who live in different cities and have never visited the pub.
                                  Continue to ignore your expansion markets at your peril!

Comment

You and I should start a pub in our next lives

Comment

I do not have an anti coffee stance. Previous pubs have had coffee machines. But they did food. This pub is unique in many ways. It just isn't a temperance kind of place.

Comment

Does this one not do food?

Comment

Crisps
                                          nuts
                                          scratchings
                                          pork pies

Occasionally I'll put a spread on, but new allergens regulations makes that less regular.

Comment

My grandad used to run a pub. Lounge and bar, dartboard, no TV, no music, mild on tap, no grub except for three kinds of crisps, nuts and pork scratchings. Everyone smoked and the place was normally pretty full. Closed on Sundays due to local laws back then in Gwynedd. Certainly no coffee.
                                            Last edited by Sporting; 16-01-2020, 20:01.

Comment

I work across the road from the Grey Horse.

I went in there when I first moved up here about three years ago.

It was selling pub t-shirts. Never drink in a place that sells pub t shirts. If they are selling pub polo shirts, then burn it down.

i do sometimes go next door to Janams for a lunchtime kebab.

They play smash hits radio at full blast.

This post sounds like it has been written by an eight year old German pen friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boobs and FIRE! View Post
                                                I work across the road from the Grey Horse.

I went in there when I first moved up here about three years ago.

It was selling pub t-shirts. Never drink in a place that sells pub t shirts. If they are selling pub polo shirts, then burn it down.

i do sometimes go next door to Janams for a lunchtime kebab.

They play smash hits radio at full blast.

This post sounds like it has been written by an eight year old German pen friend.
                                                This is massive news.

Comment

Though I'm now trying to work out where you work.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

Eh? Not me mate. Toby maybe. I'm tight.
                                                    Hey!

No, wait. Fair.

Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X